The Healthiest women in the World

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by john yates, May 5, 2004.

1. john yates

john yates Valued Member

The island of okinawa has been a large pork producer for hundreds of years. Pork is this country's meat staple.
    researcher Kazuhiko Taira states: Okiwana cuisine is very healthy and very greasy
    Leftover lard from thepork is used librally in thier food.
    okiwanans eat three tomes more meat then the japenese do
    japans institute of health recentley stated the japenese make to much of the staple food steamed rice
    okiwanans have far les heart disease and fewer strokes than the japenese neighbours
    okiwanan women have the longest life expectancy in the world 84+ yrs
    Okiwana also has minimal food processing. This is one more case where high levels of meat and fat are eaten in particular culture and posistive effects are seen.

its not that a lot of calories are burned up from exercising they arent. Only 300 calories per hour are burned by walking about 600 with areobics. One pound of (exess) body aft has 3,500 calories so about 12 hours of walking or 7 hours of areobics (including warm-up and cool down times) are required to loose just one pound of exess bodyfat if you could access it immediatley.

:D ITS FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

interesting!

3. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Yes, very interesting. There has been a lot of attention payed to this recently. The Canadian Nutrition Recommendations set a limit of no more than 30% of daily energy to be gained from fat. They recommend minimizing fat intake altogether. However, a comparison between the traditional Japanese diet, and the traditional Greek diet show that the Greeks have a lower rate of heart disease, despite the fact that the Japanese diet has 10% of energy from fat, and the Greek diet has 40%.

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I thought Okinawa was part of Japan.

5. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I have heard this fact too and my sister's father-in-law (who is Greek) swears it is because of the olive oil in their diet. Do you know if there is any truth to this?

6. Senga

Senga GenkiGirl

Very interesting.

7. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Actually, you raise a good point Anything. It's thought that the Greek diet's health benefits do come mainly from Olive Oil. Apparently it contains an ingredient that increases LDH cholesterol, generally believed to be the "good kind". Apparently it helps out with your cardiovascular health. I know the only thing I cook with now is olive oil. None of this canola oil stuff for me.

8. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Steamed Rice is Low in B vitamins I think.

Speak to a nutritionist or something.

9. john yates

john yates Valued Member

To help is to give to recieve is to look

10. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

11. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Wow. That's what a natural lifestyle gets you. I don't have anything too scientific to back this up, but I've personally always believed that the more process food goes through, the more that is added and taken away, the less healthy it gets. I love my homemade food, not to mention the deer I kill or the fish I catch. It really does make a difference in my health, I can feel it.

12. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

The greeks eat more olive oil than we do, and have fewer heart attacks

The french drink more wine and eat more butter than we do, and have fewer heart attacks.

German's eat more fatty meats than we do, and also have fewer heart attacks.

Forget what you eat, speaking English is what kills you :D

Yes, I pinched it from somewhere else

13. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Gold. I love it. Where's that from Kgirl?

14. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

It is, but at the same time, its quite a way away from Japan, and has a culture quite different to that of the main Japanese islands, and different food since they live closer to the equator.

15. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

16. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

That's fantastic. Good news, I'm glad to hear she's doing well. Interesting how that diet could help instead of hurt. Amazing how they could balance it though.