The GOOD Video Thread - No off topic posts allowed

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fudo-shin, Mar 31, 2012.

1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

2. newblack

newblack エピクフェイル

Only to some.

To others he's just a very naughty boy...

3. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Good thing the only thing that really counts is what he is to the guy at the top.

4. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Sometimes I wonder if he's been entrusted with knowledge ( obviously he has!!)
    But if perhaps he's leaking that knowledge out, akin to a dripping tap, and the tap may be turned off for him eventually....

Just me pondering btw...:)

5. TomD

TomD Valued Member

Thank you for the heads up, next time I'll be sure to keep my profanities nice and clear :Angel:

Tom.

6. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb-Rem7H3Uw"]å¿è¡“ 武神館 - YouTube[/ame]

A few good moments here.

7. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Aren't we supposed to state why specifically the video(s) is/are good?

8. Please reality

Oops, I forgot.

Nice shuriken throwing. You disagree?

9. Please reality

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=713ep1Eeg0Q"]Ninjutsu Israelies in Japan 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Good details.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY7ZgkwH3lc"]Ninjutsu Israelies in Japan 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Good to be able to compare between different teachers.

10. garth

garth Valued Member

Whose teaching in the first clip and where is it?

11. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Location looks like hombu.

But I'd also like to know who that is teaching at the beginning. Movement looks odd but maybe because they are exaggerating the movement?

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Any further information would be good.

Two videos which add up to over 3 hours footage perhaps merit a little more analysis than "Good details" and "Good to be able to compare between different teachers." :)

I'd like to be able to study maybe a 5 minute slice that has particular merit and try to follow a commentary on it, otherwise how am I to know which details are good?

Mitch

13. Please reality

Picky, picky. The videos clearly show some of the shihan demonstrating various techniques(names are mentioned) and interpretations along with a foreign teacher teaching as well. The differences in the depth and ability are pretty clear if one bothers to watch parts of the foreigner vis a vis the shihan. There are many different techniques that are demonstrated, as well as some reasons why you should learn swordwork from a qualified instructor(video two). Some common mistakes and other things to pay attention to are also discussed.

If you aren't interested in this contrast, skip to where the Japanese shihan are teaching, that's where the good parts are. You can see their different approaches as well as see what is the same about their movement.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  14. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

I would say that the second video is far more interesting than the first, especially the parts with Seno sensei, Oguri sensei and Someya sensei...

15. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

That's much more helpful, thank you.

Mitch

16. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I love the content (well the parts with the shihan anyway)

However, all the shihan ask that anyone videoing class do not post it on youtube, facebook etc so whoever put this up is, in my view, a prat

17. hatsie

Whilst there isn't techniques here to be applauded or mocked, I did enjoy Phil's rant here, p1 and 2, and just read his article on his early training ( non buj.)

Mods please delete or move if its not befitting thread, but in my mind its a good vid of one mans perception of bujinkan rank structure.

http://takaseigi.com/ramblings-of-a-bujinkan-shihan-part-2/

18. TomD

TomD Valued Member

Thanks for sharing. Since I do not agree with most of the stuff he says, basically talking [wantedtowriteaprofanitybutisnotallowedto] about making up your own stuff, please allow me to share this, which has of course been put on this forum before. Notice that in many aspects the sentiments put forward are exactly the opposite. Alas who to believe, the megadan or the humble 5th dan...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjicC7H_pHY"]Dr. Kacem Zoughari - On Ninjutsu (Mini-documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

regards, Tom.

19. hatsie

I take it your not signing up, for the video lessons then :D read his 'the way it was' articles and see if you feel it's legit. I enjoyed reading it though.

Do teachers smash students knuckles with hammers? And then tell them to hit a makiwara 50 more times?!?

20. TomD

TomD Valued Member

I read and did like the stories. What I do not understand is that a man who got such chances, such special experiences and the relation with his teachers which he has had, would even consider putting out video lessons. That dazzles me and makes the whole tea story a bit fake. Same as Hayes, taking his master's pearls and throwing them before the swine... I hope I am not being to harsh here yet this is my sentiment. When I receive morsels of knowledge and transmission not even close to what these men received from my teacher or his teacher, I would not dream of using them in this manner...

Regards Tom