The forgotten fight, Tate vs. Holm, thoughts?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Combat Sports, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

I noticed that Tate vs. Holm for the UFC Women's bantamweight title is almost invisible. I was curious what people thought was going to happen. Tate seems confident that she is Holm's "Kryptonite"

http://www.mixfighter.com/2016/03/02/miesha-tate-says-she-is-holly-holms-kryptonite/

I am not sure how to call this one. I am leaning towards Holm if for no reason other then the fact that Holly has Greg Jackson's game plans and Winklejohn's coaching. And Tate still has her boyfriend. But on the other side of it Tate has been sooooo hungry for the title for so long she can't blow this chance.

Predictions? I think Tate had best make sure she doesn't get kicked in the head, and her best hope is to try and bring her wrestling to bear on Holm. The problem is, Jackson's MMA is a wrestling heavy gym and they will work very hard on Holly's anti-wrestling to stop Tate.

Tate's striking is considerably better then Ronda's, but still nowhere near enough.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Holm would slowly pick away at Tate.

Tate got outstruck by RR, but is a little lighter on the feet and also has a KO level punch, unlike RR.

The issue once again is the wrestling, Tate should have better scrambles compared to HH. RR had issues because her brain was scrambled about. Taye has a better chin so will see.

HH for decision methinks.

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Certainly isn't the forgotten fight for me - I am more interested in the HH / MT fight, than I am in McGregor's.

I have been a Tate fan since day dot, so naturally I am 'in her corner', but realism dictates I not rule out an upset (to my expectations at least, if not en masse) from Holms - She packs a lot of power, and was virtually unfazed by Rousey's clinch/take down attempts...

...My heart says Tate, but my head says that I may wanna cover my eyes, and watch the fight between a crack in my fingers, as I may not wanna see what's coming!

Travess

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I think Tate takes it. She's a better all round fighter and there wont be an ounce of complacency from her or her team.

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I also am far more interested in Holm/ Tate than Diaz/ McGregor.

I am glad Tate got her well deserved title shot that was previously unfairly withdrawn by Dana White. But I hope she loses in devastating fashion as I really dislike her!

6. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

I think Tate wins it on the floor as long as she doesn't walk into a big shot first

7. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

Nah you guys are more interested in the Conor fight dont lie. :)
    I predict Holly wins in the championship rounds by tko or decision

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Conor vs RDS was a far more intriguing fight, Conor vs Diaz no way. Sick of the Diaz brothers getting fights they don't deserve. Diaz's record is 3 and 3 the last few years. Even though it isn't a championship fight, he doesn't deserve to fight a champ.

Holm was brilliant against Roussey. But other UFC fights weren't so great. I want to see if she just took a few fights to get into the groove or if that night was just a particularly good night. Interesting questions about Holm will possibly be answered in this fight.

I was asked to join some fellow students at a restaurant to watch this UFC. I almost didn't because of Diaz, but then I remembered Holm/ Tate was on this card.

Also, Holm/ Tate is the only championship fight - it SHOULD be the main event.

I will enjoy watching if McGregor beats Diaz badly though.

Mcgregor is like Roussey for me. I have very mixed feelings about him. Don't like his attitude sometimes, but at other times I really like his training philosophy, his attitude about his fans...............when he is humble and respectful, I like him. The rude disrespectful aspects of him bother me a lot.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  9. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I must admit I am a fan of holmes. Dang it! I'm a fan of tate as well! Honestly since tate has proven once in a while that she can't beat rousey, I have to put my hopes on holmes.

I honestly believe that if tate has a chance she has to get holmes to the ground. And we all know how easy that was for rousey.

My money is on holmes, even though I believe tate is more rounded.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Not enough of a fan to spell her name right though. :)

11. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

Elementary mistake, Watson