the FMAs and Gun Training

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by IgitDako, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

As I've said elsewhere, gang, it's not like we lack the ability to shut this down. Just ignore it. We've read enough of this drek to draw from it the legitimate points that have been made (and there are some). That doesn't mean we have to constantly keep rewatching the same sad infommercial.

Putting someone else in control of what you post is like letting a chimp drive you home at night. Sure he's cute. And occassionally his screeches are going to sound almost like human speech. But seriously, drive yourself.

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

As always Stuart nails it, I'm amazed people are still feeding this attention seeking, poorly educated troll.

You know the only problem with Pekiti Tersia (which is an awesome system IMHO)? It's a guy called IgitDako, a boy who calls others cowards but refuses to identify himself. Hypocrisy?

And pre-empting the obvious:

My name's Colin Stewart, I teach DBMA in Aberdeen.

Stu likes Chimps. Heh, heh, heh ;)

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Aside from their chosen style of projectile weapon training, sure. ;)

4. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Read the whole thread, laddie. Thought we were toning it down. It's just simple tit for tat.

5. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Speaking of chimps, didn't you say you train in both DP and MA? Did you watch Franz' knife techniques? Blade vs. non-Blade. That's the big difference.

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I did say that, yes. And pending your explanation as to what that has to do with chimps, you can basically count on me not rising to the bait.

In the immortal words of Depeche Mode, "enjoy the silence."

7. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Don't say you weren't given a warning.

The Bear.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

This troll is quite possibly the first person ever to have been thanked only one time in 136 posts. :p

Should ban his sorry ass just for that. :p

9. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

It's the fact that he keeps thanking people who're at odds with him that gets me.

10. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

You have close to 10,000 posts with only 26 thanks, so I thanked you. :rolleyes:

11. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Wisdom of GT Gaje

Many facets of distinction that separates Pekiti-Tirsia Kali from other Filipino martial arts:

A. Pekiti-Tirsia is a system of the ancient arts of the modern times that holds on to its roots, its ancient living past. The principles of training and its working mechanics is 100% indigenous and traditional.

B. The training philosophy is of the highest forms of accepted principles for intelligent people who understand how real the Filipino culture is and how the past is revered with high respect.

C. It is a family system where the system is pure and the teaching mechanics were designed as a fast learning curriculum applicable in forms of fighting, from edged weapon to impact weapons as well as firearms.

D. Pekiti-Tirsia is a superior system since the methods are non-regimented, unorthodox, unconventional, non-telegraphic and unpredictable.

E. Pekiti-Tirsia is worldwide with attachments to the marines, police and other military and law enforcement organizations.

12. slipthejab

lol... jizz in your own pocket much kid?

13. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Yeah well, you know how it is, there is no love like self love. This is nothing to do with the style. This is a classic ego boost by association.

Look at what he associated with his style.

intelligent.
    pure.
    superior.

Actually we all know that a style can actually be any of these. These are attributes he wants for himself. He drops names, has some pictures of elite soldiers. Freud would have a field day with this kid.

The Bear.

14. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

LOL I'm very surprised that you guys are still entertaining this pseudonym keyboard clown.

I'm sure that there are differences in the terms 'style' and 'system' that could be better used here. That said, with such boastful claims, surely the 'PTK Advert Writer' should actually reveal his / her identity to give credit to the high quality BS being conveyed. PTK is most certainly not the only 'pure' form of FMA with a traceable history spanning several generations. There are many systems out there that are easily equally as good or better and they also teach armed forces personnel. Don't entertain this garbage guys!!!

Gumagalang

Peter

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  15. slipthejab

The first thing that becomes apparent when people come onto just about any subject and start trumpeting things about purity and superiority is that there are some heavy internal insecurity issues.

The second thing that springs to mind is that usually the person who trumpets them almost always hasn't traveled extensively nor really spent any time researching or even considering the concepts of cross pollination or simultaneity. In short... someone who lacks life experience.

16. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

AND ALL HE SAID WAS I AM A BADDASS!!!!

Of course that was before the internet.

Attached Files:

17. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

equals Cowering

I think this is the main reason why when Pekiti Tirsia practitioners enter a civilian forum site to correct what they feel is wrong with Filipino Martial arts, the civilians tend to get offended, defensive and down right scared at the truth.

If you people feel so strongly about what Pekiti Tirsia and GT Gaje has to say, then why don't you man up. 1) Say it in front of his face, don't whisper about it in your safe corner of the world, and most importantly 2) Show at the Test of Skills and prove us wrong. Otherwise, don't bad mouth the system and the man himself--then not do anything about it.

18. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Cool image, koyo. But we all know that that will be a Pekiti Tirsia practitioner walking away (as showed by everyone's lack of understanding of the basics of the blade in this forum).:rolleyes:

19. IgitDako

IgitDako Banned Banned

Floyd "Babyface" Mayweather will never fight Manny "Pac-man" Pacquiao. Why, because Mayweather knows there's a very good chance he'll get his ass kicked. But if you ask him, his excuses will be not enough money, he needs to take a blood test, not the best time right now, etc. etc. Is Mayweather cowering? Of course he is!

20. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Are YOU in the military? Or are you just riding on reputation of others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.