The end for sarge?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Sgt_Major, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Soooo, today I got confirmation I have 5 operations coming in the next few weeks/months.

Both wrists, both ankles and my left shoulder.

The first 4 run the risk of losing power/use of hands and feet...

:(

2. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

What in tarnation! What happened man? If you dont mind me asking.

3. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

If it is any consolation you can get the iHand these days

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Sorry to hear that Sarge - good luck in your surgeries. I hope that you make it through with full recovery.

5. SnorriSturluson

SnorriSturluson Valued Member

MA injuries?

Unless you knew it was coming based on very bad symptoms or previous information, get another MD's opinion. If you don't like what he says, kick his butt!

6. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Sucks

I really hate being injured i have back pain, good luck for your operation and the futur.

7. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Dude, I'm so sorry. What happened, if you don't mind me asking?

8. Sgt_Major

kinda knew they were coming.

I had a bad biking accident in March this year. Been having loads of problems since. Joints dislocating, stabbing pains, even failure in my hands etc.

During the investigation on my wrists, my hands move in ways they shouldn't, causing loads of pain, so they have to reset them, shorten tendons and ligaments to stabilise them and reduce the amount of movement I will have in the end.

Same with the ankles.

The shoulder isnt so bad, it needs popped out, the joint cleaned and filed smooth again and put back in, cos it grinds and catches on the tissue causing a constant burning pain.

The treatment is covered by BUPA, or private medical care for the US members, and the guy done an op for me on my other shoulder 3 yrs ago with great success.

He had to tell me that the ankles and wrists are complex ops, and could go wrong, but without the op, I'll be in constant pain for ever, and run the risk of losing the power in them anyway due to wear/tear.

9. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Well I wish you good luck with the OP, I'm sure if he did a good job on your shoulder 3 years ago he'll do helluva job with the next ones too.

Over what time space are the ops gonna be? And if everything goes smooth will you still be able to train?

Hope everything goes well.

10. Sgt_Major

not sure what timescale, though with Private treatment here, it can be as quick as a week.

I'm hoping that I can keep training, as its been extremely painful to do so at the minute.

11. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Best of luck mate, hope you do a Steve Austin and come back stronger.

The Bear.

12. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

I'm sorry to hear this mate, though doing it all through private healthcare will make a big difference to NHS as you probably know.

You know we're all thinking of you so hurry the hell up and get better! Best of luck mate.

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Jeez. Really sorry to hear that Sarge. I hope that all goes well for you and that you do manage to make a full recovery.

14. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Bloody hell. Good luck.

15. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Awww beep. Good luck Sarge, I feel for you right now, as the same things could happen to me sooner or later. Not in the same body parts, but I feel that pain.

All the best x

16. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

sarge- how will you wipe your butt? :confused:

17. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

wow, hope the ops all go well...

i'm with BUPA too and glad you are the same... with jobs like this i dont trust the black and decker crew that is the NHS which operate on quick turnarounds in the theatre

18. Sgt_Major

awww dude!

I hadnt thought of that one! :( :(

19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Hate to break it to you pal but the guy that BUPA gets is probably the same guy that you would have got in the NHS. You just paying to get him earlier and if this two tier system wasn't allowed then you probably would have seen him as quick on the NHS. Ironic isn't it.

The Bear.

20. Sgt_Major

Not so much.

The guy who is doing my ops doesn't do nhs operations. He only does private operations.