The empty Gesture of Jesus

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tekkengod, Feb 13, 2007.

1. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Jesus!

I've had this thought for a while, and heard a lecture on it the other day
    stick with me here.

If a woman offered you, 24 hours of the most intense pain you've ever felt. to guarantee you 80 more years of peaceful existance. no aging, no catches, no nothin. no parapaligic blind tricks. 24 hours of pain, to insure yourself another 80 years of happy life as a 30 yr old. now, being an intelligent scientific minded person, you demand that the claim be examined by a group of scientists. and, they give you ample evidence to support this claim as true. its legit! go for it! i've worded this so that only an angry blind man would deny the offer. so, they set it up, you know get a big audiance goin, start sellin tee shirts, that kinda crap. and you sit and endure 24 hours of pain, your teeth itch, your backs on fire, all your fingers are broken too, man that sucks! well the crowd sits and watches and enjoys the show. a few of your friends are a little upset but hey, other than that, its all cool beans. the time expires and you jump down off your rock, your back feels great. that old football injury is gone too! you feel fantastic. the woman smiles and bids you adue as you run away into the sunset screaming "i'm goin to seaworld" and you live happily ever after. now, as an audiance member do you think to yourself. A. you lucky *******! B. Thats horrible! or C. how noble and selfelss! i wish he had a secretary to write down some crap for me to follow! well, believe it or not the popular answer is infact, C. by now we know i'm talkin about ol jesus. He didn't do anything.
    He knew he was going to die and fly up to heaven to hang out with his dad as he states, many many times. He did the spiritual equivelant of changing his pants. it was an entierly pointless act. an empty gesture that accomplished nothing. so, god thought to himself. unless i send my son to be tortured for a little while, then go buy some steaks i can't help these people. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

same crap.
    different sack.
    oh wait.
    not even that.

3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Tekkengod,

If you're going to get your seven-year-old brother to write your rants for you, then for goodness sake add some punctuation before you post them! :D

Some paragraphs would be a good start.

If you're going to keep posting the same old stuck record, then you could at least make it readable. (And when you start using punctuation, I'll stop mixing my metaphors..... OK? ;) )

4. Dyno

Dyno Valued Member

It's nice to know people can bring up a sensible, grown-up argument against him :rolleyes:
    Not saying I agree (I don't care either way) but come on, picking up on his grammar and punctuation is pathetic.

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Dyno,

When you've attempted to decipher as many of tekkengod's gibberish posts as I have then you'll get fed up too.

I could be mean and stop trying to read them, but I love* him too much to give up on him. :love:

* Every village loves it's very own idiot.

6. slipthejab

It's not when the same people keep on posting the same **** poor spelling and grammar time after time. Come on... is it that hard to really use spell check and proper grammar? I think not. :rolleyes:

7. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

tekkengod's posting had nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus.

This book does though:
    Jesus before Christianity

It provides a good historical account of Jesus' life. I think he was a great man and a great liberator. We owe him a great deal for many of the most benevolent values of our time.

8. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

His 'gesture' means a lot more if you believe, as I do, that jesus was an ordinary man (as opposed to a god in human form. I don't mean to imply jesus was 'ordinary' and that makes his teachings that much more extraordinary.

9. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

all hail the grammar nazis. i won't expect anything that resembles a valid response.

10. Knight_Errant

I thought they threw you in the bin for 3 days?

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

If you really want a serious response, then make a serious post. If you write nonsense, then expect nonsense back.

This is an English language forum. If your English is weak then I suggest that you do one of the following:

1. Ask a friend to translate it for you before you post.
    2. Keep your posts short and simple.

You can't expect people to take your posts seriously if it gives them a headache trying to read them.

12. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

Yeah, now that you mention it. :confused:
    That's the way the world works. If you want your ideas taken seriously you need to present them as coherently as possible.

13. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Yet here you are 2000 years later, still talking about his teachings.

When you consider that it's unlikely anyone will be discussing what you just wrote in 2 WEEKS time, I think Jesus owns joo!

14. slipthejab

Exactly.

15. xen

xen insanity by design

*falls off chair, wrapped in mirth :D

tekkengod, i was under the impression most atheists took that position so they DIDN'T have to spend all day thinking about God and His Family...

;)

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Fine. Your dribble does not merit a response, but I don't like you seeing you get beat up over how your paragraphs were formatted.

Medi said it well: "Yet here you are 2000 years later, still talking about [Jesus'] teachings." :D Gotta love it. Maybe people study and talk about Jesus because he did something, eh? Give that some thought, but do it with some intellectual honesty. Here you're talking about God in the context of Jesus, but somehow you're not talking about the God of Jesus. :eek: Whoa. You're talking about some God that you made up. That's just, well -- sorry dude but that's why people laugh at you. You're not criticizing the real Jesus. You're criticizing a fantasy of your own making. Not admirable.

I'll quote you the make-believe parts from your rant:
    That's not a criticism of the Christian faith, because that's not the Christian faith. You can't assume the existence and work of Jesus' own Heavenly Father, and assume that Jesus is now in heaven with his Heavenly Father, and simultaneously (1) deny the nature of Jesus, and (2) say that the work of the Heavenly Father amounts to nothing. The assertions don't go together. You're making up stuff.

You could have criticized the Jewish context in which the gospel story plays out, or criticized the gospel writers' interpretation of Jewish prophesies, or criticized Paul's commentary of Jewish theology with respect to the events of Jesus' life and death, or something like that. Instead, you chose to critice something that you made up in your own head. :rolleyes: Well, suit yourself, but you cannot expect us to be swayed when you do that.

17. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Classic. I tip my hat to you, sir :D

18. Knight_Errant

P\/\/n3d by christ :D

19. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

what about that denys the nature of jesus? did he or did he not, state that he would die many times? did he or did he not see, farily calm about this scenario? the only valid premise in which jesus actually amounted to anythign with this "sacrafice" would be if he was in hell, right now, forever. otherwise, he didn't miss out on much.

how is that not a critisizim? its a poke at one of its favorite stories!

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

He did not allow himself to be crucified so as to insure himself another 80 years of happy life as a 30-year-old (or any other numbers, either).

;) I'm waiting for the day when you say something that actually makes me pause and think. That will be a good day.

Engage your brain, amigo. Did you not read Edith Schaeffer? Healing broken relationships is a pretty big good "something" that his death could have accomplished.

Oh, is that what it's called when you make up stuff from your imagination?