The dilema thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cavallin, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Lennert

Lennert Valued Member

Thanks for your post karatebarbie :)

The problem with the stalker is a bit more difficult to solve then just calling the police I'm afraid, if it wasn't it wouldn't have lasted this long.. We're still working on this, and we're making progress, although not very much.. It is really sad how one person with a fowl idea can influence other peoples life this much. He just seems to have finger in every pot. It may sound really cliche and all, but he is one of those guys who really seem untouchable.

And about that friend, it kind of comes down to this. My girlfriend is just giving him to many chances to get rid of that stalker, and he himself has a to weak personality to dare breaking with that stalker.. My girlfriend has asked her friend to end that friendship several times, and he agreed that there was nothing else he could do. But he is still hanging around with him quite regularly. I realise someone is going to have to make a decision here.. too bad it isn't up to me to do that.

I'm not keeping my girlfriend on a leash or anything, she is going to a themepark and a zoo the upcoming week with this same friend. And I'm fine with that.. I see that as a completely different thing than being together day and night for a whole week(well, they would sleep in separate tents, but still next to each other). It's just that a real vacation alone with ONE other guy, who I don't like hanging around with my girlfriend because he is just not exactly loyal to her, would make life like hell for me.

Oh and our musical taste is very much alike :p it's actually one of our biggest mutual interests, so there's no problems with bands or wrists being cut.

I know that her friend was attracted to my girlfriend in the past(and if my perception isn't letting me down he is now), but my girlfriend made very clear back then that the feeling wasn't mutual at all, and that she just didn't like him in that way. So that's a positive point for my girlfriend, but the knowledge of that guy being attracted to her was an extra downside for the vacation thing.

I hope you understand the situation a bit better now.. I could really use some good advice on this.

2. pardus

pardus Valued Member

Lennert, I can see how one would have a few issues in your situation, but I must admit that if jealousy/mistrust aren't the problem, then I don't really understand what is. However, I do agree that its good that you actually talked it out with her to begin with. As for advice, I'd say try talking to her some more about it. If this vacation really is something thats truly important to her, then I personally think she should be able to go on it without feeling too guilty herself. But seriously, try talking to her some more about it, and see what happens.

Now, to change the subject a bit, I have a problem that is completely non-relationship oriented! yay! (well, I have a few relationship problems too, but I can deal with those by making my own mistakes and living with them :p) I've been taking a fencing class (learning Capo Ferro) for the past few months. Its a lot of fun, but our maestro left us "for personal reasons" about three months ago. It hasn't been a problem so far, because we had three scholars in our class, and they took over the teaching. however, we've about reached the end of their knowledge, and given a few more weeks, I'll be at least as good as them, if not better. So, my question is... what to do now? I'm stuck at novice rank until I can find another guild that actually has a maestro, and as long as I stay with my current guild, I won't be learning anything new from the scholar we still have with us. do you guys have any reccommendation for a course of action, and/or a way to keep learning new things if I can't find a new guild?

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

How about staying with your current guild in order to keep your skills at their current level (rather than declining through lack of use) and commuting to a more distant school or to seminars once a month or every two or three weeks? One of my mates is a taekwondo instructor and that's what he does. Every month without fail he disappears out of town to train with the head of his organisation, then for the rest of the time he's teaching.

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

"I find Tybalt cancels out Capo Ferro"

"Unlessa you opponent hasa studied hees Agrippa! Which I have!"

Ah, possibly the greatest film ever made :) , and definitley the greatest cinema sword fight ever staged :D

Mitch

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

The Princess Bride :)

6. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

i think karate barbie has some great relationship advice :)

7. pardus

pardus Valued Member

thanks for the advice... that will actually probably work, as there's another branch of our guild in a nearby town, I just don't have time to attend it regularly.