The defence

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Joseki, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

It's been a long time since i puy anything on there so
    A few questions for you

1. If attacked or put in a position that is nasty (god forbid it) and the attaker had a weapon, which type of weapon would you fear the most (be honest and dont say all types of weapon's)

2. In the ideal world what defence would you use to defened yourself (from any type of attack)

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

1. What's a nasty position? Anyway, a knife, at least if he knew how to use it. If someone does know how to use a knife you won't even see it until after the first cut.

2. In an ideal world? Love to use sidekick, probably run away choose running away instead though.

3. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

that was fast mate I only just put that on haha.
    as for a nasty position like knife up to your neck pointed to your eye etc those sort of things (basicly up close and personal with any weapon) as for someone that does know how to use a knife at least it would be a fast end but I'm worried about the person that dont know how to use it and are sacred their selfs it will end up with a fast escape or a messy end and you always get cut (if you dont then you are really lucky!!)

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Actually if the person knows how to use it, they'll make the end fast or slow depending on how they choose. If you're good you can slash tendons, cut muscle fibres, do really nasty stuff. Or you can kill someone with one shot in the right place.

At least if its slow you've got some chance, albeit not much.

5. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Well if they are that good they will end it fast!!!!!

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Unless they're a sadist. :p

7. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

hahaha true

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

1. A knife.

2. Batter the c*** senseless with my fists, maybe a baseball bat.

9. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

1. A double-side blade with a sharp point.

2. Bridge, control & unbalance, strike(s), takedown, restrain and if necessary 'finish'.

10. Cain

Cain New Member

I would fear some flexible weapon like a chain or a knife at the end of a chain.

whereas I would feel comfortable with a double barrelled shotgun [just a joke].......ok I would prefer a chain
    |Cain|

11. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

damn that's tought question...
    u know that's the reason i hate soooooooo much weapons...
    1 anything sharp....goes ....
    2. runnin is best option...if the person is good with sharp weapon the most probably u r dead...
    urself n Ckd provided the enuff reasons :(
    -TkdWarrior-

12. Stuman

Stuman New Member

i think soemone with a syringe would be worst

13. stump

stump Supersub

I second that. Syringe is the worst. You can survive yet still not know if you're going to be infected.

Anyone using a syringe as a weapon is sick.

14. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

However a syringe requires you to stay pretty much still, they're fairly delicate and a sharp blow even to the arm could well cause the person to crush it into their own hand. They also don't slash well, and thick cloth should tangle an attempted slash by a syringe and protect you, so you'd only really need to worry about jabs.

15. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Yea may be but the last thing you want is for it to snap when its in your arm or anywere else

16. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

I would be worried by a

Well most things even bottles or empty hand techniques from untrained people!

Still for me its a knife as any pratt can use one and they are very very deadly if you are cut.

East to get hold of and most weapon attacks, muggings etc are with one (if there is a weapon that is) - not much of a gun problem here in the UK.

DEFENCE.

SPACE first. If not getting that off pat then secure that arm and go for some very dangerious attack back or get the knife myself and give him a present to remember me by - depending if there are any camera's in the area!!!!!!

SONSHU

17. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

The syringe would worry me very much too for the disease reasons, so would fighting any drugy type person.

Other than that the knife is a big worry for me. I would avoid I knife fight at all costs, don't fight = don't loose!

My teacher always said expect to be cut if you fight someone with a knife, and I think thats very true. You may win easily but still get cuts to your hands and arms. Some techniques I've learn even involved grabbing the blade, definitely not pleasant but better than it going into any vital organs or scarring the face. Its possible to loose a hell of a lot of blood from a non-vital area before it starts to really put you down.

18. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Worst weapon?

Hmmm......

I don't like disintegrator guns, especially the type that leave a slimy residue everywhere...

Definately don't like tactical nuclear weapons, even if they just throw them at you, the bruises are MEGA!

Finally don't like trained animals, dogs are bad but a trained killer elephant can be a real downer.........

All the best.

Robert - Who has had WAY too much work to do today and has forgotten his medication again :)

http://www.p-k-j.org

19. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

If I see the weapon and its not a gun, then its not my worst.

The worst one is the one you don't see.