The Contender

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by funkymonk, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Do they still plan on showing the episodes after the one guy shot and killed himself???

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yes, I believe they are showing it as part of a tribute to him.

3. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

The show is cool. The gym they train in is the coolest gym ever. Other than that, it's the same as TUF, but boxing, and rather than in-house drama, they have in-gym drama because they don't all stay in the same house like they do on TUF. The matches at the end are always really good, and I have to admit I like the slow-mo effect they do on some of the nicer punches.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I do as well :) I'm a huge fan of Hanz Zimmer; and the inclusion of his music in the fights is always going to get two thumbs up from me :D

5. JKD_Haduken

JKD_Haduken New Member

This show officially sucks.

You see a few snap shots of the fights and the rest of the time they have the camera on the fake crowd. There is also fake punching sounds, fake crowd noise.

I am suprised there is no crouching tiger hidden dragon tricks as this show is about as fake as walking on the side of walls.

I prefer TUF, even know that is scripted as well.

WE need a documentary style show rather then a ""reality"" show. because nothing can be further then reality then the contender b/c its fake as hell...for god sakes stallone is there b/c he made a movie, the guy can't even through down a combo.

so wake up and smell the brainwashing.

6. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Stallone is there because he is one of the producers.

7. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

ya, quit trying to ruin it!

8. JKD_Haduken

JKD_Haduken New Member

haha..

I aint trying to ruin it. it ruins itself ;)

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Even Beethoven had his critics :)

10. JKD_Haduken

JKD_Haduken New Member

yeah true...

good point..I'll admit it, I am a hater, however, if you like the show it's all good I wont make fun of you ( too much ;) )

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I enjoyed the first show. It was a good fight at the end, Alfonso fought great and surprised a few people. It look like it'll be quite entertaining over the coming months, with some interesting characters in there

12. special43543

special43543 Special Member

I am sick of this show. Everytime I am rooting for someone (besides ishie), they loose. It's almost like its rigged. I mean, come on how did #3 in the world lose to alfonso? They **** me off because both fighters come out strong, but as time goes on, one stops throwing punches and keeps getting hit. Najia lost...how did that happen? He was kicking the crap out of that guy, and then stopped throwing punches and lost. And at the end of the show it said in febuary he died...how? He was in great shape... This show makes me mad everytime I see it.

13. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

I'm sure he didn't just stop throwing punches, but the way they edited it probably makes it seem like that. I wish they showed the whole fight, though.

14. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

he commited suicide man...

15. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

That was a VERY SAD episode.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  16. binski20

binski20 Valued Member

It was. I read that he lead a troubled life though, living in a not so good part of Philly. He didn't sleep in his bed, but slept under it or in the closet out of fear of being shot or beaten. He was very quiet and didn't trust anyone. Sad to see someone brought to that point.

17. JKD_Haduken

JKD_Haduken New Member

I just realized how much this show sucks... seriously, I wasn't aware of it until I just sat here and thought about it.

This reality show is about as real as the WWE.

I guess I will be getting me updates on this site now, because I am not wasting an hour of my life watching this crap no more.

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It is a shame they don't show the whole fight; using abit of video editing, they could show the fight going either way.

Other than that, I'm liking it so far :) I missed the latest episode which sucked :(

19. JKD_Haduken

JKD_Haduken New Member

Your right, the last episode did suck :)

(see how I cleverly turned that around)

20. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

God bless Najai. Just watched that episode (seems like we are getting it a lot slower over here)
    How could he leave that kid behind man.
    Anyway, on a lighter note. Is there another series coming after this middleweight one finishes or anything like that?