The Contender Muay Thai

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Su lin, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Just seen this advertised on ITV 4, not sure when it is being aired though.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Although I like the series and will watch the muay thai one avidly I feel that if the contestants were any good they would already be a contender and wouldn't need a TV show to boost their career, more so in muay thai. Hopefully it'll boost the port.

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Yeh your right MD, but still makes for decent TV, much better than most other crap thats on ice dancing and 12 unknown idiots sat in a house.

Cheers Lou i didint know about it !

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yep,I agree! Don't get much time for tv so would rather watch that.

Gah is that the time......Cage Rage is on :D

5. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  6. liero

liero Valued Member

i really like this seriers, its currently being aired in australia.
    they have a few world champs etc, its pretty high calibre fighters

7. fitnessmale

fitnessmale Valued Member

I have also watched the whole series, some good fights on it and well worth watching with quality fighters.

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Anyone watch it last night? The poor Canadian guy, he put up a good fight,always a shame to go out in the first one.

9. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Saw the 2nd episode.

James vs Jason I think it was.

Predicted the result, but didnt expect it the way it happened.

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Missed the 1st and caught the 2nd episode with Sean. I always enjoyed watching him fight on 'Now is the Time -Night of Combat' very unusual style then, he's become much more orthodox now but you could still see it.

Not quite the luxury of the boxing show:rolleyes:

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Noooooooooooooooooo there was a 2nd episode? Damn! I went for a shower after the first one!!!!!

12. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

hahaha - I think so, cos It was over at 11:00 and didnt give the impression of being a 1st episode.

13. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I watched both of them!

Enjoyed it, apart form the annoying add breaks

First fight was a massacre! he did well to keep trying, but he was been carried by the thai, and he was told to use no elbows. Different class!

I thought the sprint challenge where they wwere tied together was a very stupind thing though, it was asking for someone to get hurt, which they did.

Was happy for the scottish guy to show what he could do and win after he was the last guy to be picked.

14. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

didn't see this myself, will probably look on t' web for it.

Good that ITV4 is getting more MA stuff on.

15. Wadey

Wadey Valued Member

So is it on Tuesday evenings now then or each night?

16. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Tuesday evenings Wadey.

Ive seen all the episodes already and really enjoyed it,any one guess the ultimate winner?.:)

17. Raven001

Raven001 New Member

ITV4 says its mondays and tuesdays @ 9. anyway i missed it but looks like you can catch it on itv's site

18. Wadey

Wadey Valued Member

Sweet

19. twitch_88

twitch_88 Valued Member

yeh I've already seen it for those who haven't I would advise you to keep watching it's awesome! I had the privelage of meeting Pitu and Sean in Thailand as they came to train at Sasiprapa while I was there, top guys!

20. beeran1

beeran1 Valued Member

Am I the only one who has already seen all the episodes on the interwebz? It was on TV overseas last year, I downloaded them all on megaupload.com. It is a great show, especially the fights toward the end, most of the guys are pretty accomplished and some are almost legendary (JWP, Yoedsanklai). I don't know where they found that American guy though, he has like 3 fights. There are 2 fighters living within 10 miles of me who are way more accomplished).

EDIT: Guess not, just saw the rest of the responses. I hope Season 2 is broadcast in the US