The best fight of my life.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by tkdfighter, Apr 9, 2006.

1. tkdfighter

tkdfighter New Member

Well last Saturday i went to a tournament, it was a small one compared to the first one i went to but I like it more, the only problem i thought was there was only one other yellow belt and no girls my age :cry: in the tournament.

I was watching the other yellow belt warm up and i knew it would be a good fight, anyways we where up first and it was awesome, totally worth the worth the wait, I had the reach and power advantage but he had more speed, the first round was sloppy on both our parts i put up a lack luster performance and he just tried to break a rib with body punches but didnt quite have the power to hurt through the chest protector. Anyways the real fight came in the second round, all sorts of good solid kicks where landed on both of us, the best kick was from him, a spinning axe kick which he dropped on the top of my head but it didnt hurt so I just smiled at him like I was taught to do :), but he did hit a few side and back kicks to my body and one really good one off my tigh because I lifted my leg to block it :D. I put up the best performance in my life so far, i hit him with four or five crescent kicks to his face and even opened up a small cut under his nose, and I hit him with like four front leg side kicks to his floating ribs which hurt him enough to make him slow down alot, even a head punch, which i regret because he was trying to do something and it stopped him, but it was reflexive and the punch was there and back before it i realised i had thrown it, luckly it just grazed off his helmet, because it was a good punch and probably would have hurt had it landed solid. Anyway it went to the judges and he won, it was close but i didnt put forth much of a effort in the first round, which will not happen again. I have to give my opponet credit, he went on two minutes after our fight to beat a fresh blue belt :eek: for the gold medal. If only all the times i sparred could be that fun, even though i couldnt walk right for three days afterwards. Sorry for making this so long im bored and this helped for the 10 minutes it took to right.

2. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Hey congrats, there's nothing like a good sparring session to appreciate the effort you put in, great stuff! :)

3. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

That sounds like a very good fight. Congrats and keep up with your sparring.