The Best Dressed Man of the 80s

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by kobudo_tob, Aug 29, 2003.

?

Who was the best dressed (music) man of the 80s?

1. Adam Ant (Adam and the Ants)

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Pete Burns (Dead or Alive)

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Mark Almond (Soft Cell)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Elton John

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Michael Jackson

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. George Michael

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Boy George (Culture Club)

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Other

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  9. I'm too young to remember the 80s. Oh how jealous I am.

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  10. 80s? 80s?! I slept through the 80s!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Ok, we all know the 80s are generally forgotten by many people - or at least most people TRY to forget them.

I was 6 when the 80s ended, so I didn't really get to appriciate the top fashions (shell suits - WOW)

Anyway, my question is simple - who was the best dressed man of the 80s? Personally, I'm a big Adam Ant fan.

Look, its a poll.

Chances are there will be far too many men for me to remember, so I have put in an 'other' option.

EDIT : Just music - I don't want anyone saying "George Bush"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Interesting poll there Tobias... an 80's fan I take it? In the 80's I was in my 20's and my idea of best dressed back then was quite a bit different than it is now!
    Noticed quite a few English chaps included in your listing ....

But I have to vote "other" .... Prince or Bon Jovi
    ... and it didn't matter to me whether Kip Winger or Michael Hutchence were dressed best or not back then!!;)

3. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Sorry but i didnt think anyone up there was all that good. LOL well from a guys standpoint.

4. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Me...80s fan? Damn straight. "VH1 Classic" and "Magic" are the most frequently watched channels on my TV.

Thinking about it, I missed out Dee Snider from Twisted Sister (or was that the 70s? I can't remember)

5. kchenault

kchenault Valued Member

I'm voting for Bruce Springsteen. Jeans and a t-shirt. Denim never goes out of style.

6. Cain

Cain New Member

George Bush :D

[sorry - coult'nt resist]

|Cain|

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

LOL.... Tobias,
    Dee Snyder was early 80's yes.... in fact I used to go see TS perform alot at area clubs in New Haven CT

... yeah, he did dress better than some of my girlfriends!

8. Cain

Cain New Member

How about the terminator ie Arnold Schwarzenegger in terminator 2? [1984 I think it was...]

|Cain|

9. inacan

inacan New Member

We all forgot...

DON JOHNSON

He was the best dressed.

10. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Mr. T. I pity da foo who don't like my gold!

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

We're talking Man of Music .... oops yeah I forgot Don Johnson did cut a record in the 80's LOL

but Arnold?? Mr. T???:confused:

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I was going to say Don Johnson too, except that I don't think he made music. Or did he? His partner on "Miami Vice" made a record. I remember that. Well then, my second vote is is Lionel Ritchie. A normal adult could actually dress like Lionel (can't say the same about Sir Elton or Michael Jackson), and he did look quite sharp.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2003
  13. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

The thing about Lionel Ritchie is that he is probably the coolest black artist in today's society - cooler than Jackson in his heyday (sp?). I think LR got even more cooler as he got older.

(Thats why I'm easy.....easy like sunday morning)

Oh, and thanks to everyone for polling :)

14. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I thought you'd gotten mixed up about this whole thread Tobias.

I thought the poll could have been titled, 'Which of these people wasn't Non-Conformist regarding their err, urm how do you say....................' *Blush*

15. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Good point Andy, I have just realised that most of these people were...ahem.....you know......ahem...homose..I think we all get the point :)

Well spotted :D

16. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Yet you consider them to be well dressed????? :D ;)

17. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Heck after last night ... you may want to include Madonna amongst the list! :D ;)

18. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Yeah she was a good lookin dude. And after her and Brittany and Christina got done, there looked to be a few people shocked.

19. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... haha then you'll be glad to hear Tobias that Adam Ant rerecorded his old hit "Stand and Deliver", which he has renamed "Save the Gorilla" ... <--- take a listen... it's such a silly song!!

20. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Yep its gotta be Don Jonson, and he did make a record. Even have a copy of it somewhere!!!, his single was "heartbeat" i think, or something like that.