The Art of In-Fighting by Frank Klaus

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by lklawson, Mar 9, 2011.

1. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

I am pleased to announce the republication of "The Art of In-Fighting" by Frank Klaus.

The download is, as always, free.

Special thanks to Professor Bruno Cruicchi, collector and life-long Martial Artist for providing the original of this book for me to republish.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-art-of-in-fighting/15104806

Marketoid blurb:

Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in Frank Klaus was a German-American boxer. His professional career spanning 39 matches netted 32 wins 21 by KO. He won the Middleweight Championship of the world in 1913 and was elected to the Ring Boxing Hall of Fame in 1974.

Acclaimed as an inside fighter, in approximately late 1913 or some time thereafter he penned his book of instruction on in-fighting.

Klaus packs a great number of photograph into his work for such a comparatively short and focused book: 27 in all including several “action shots” from his fights giving this book a ratio of about 1 photo for every 2 ½ pages of instruction.

Particular gems include “The Liver Punch,” “Feigning ‘Grogginess’,” and “Beating an Opponent by Punching his Gloved Hands or Arms.”

Truly a Historic Boxing “must have!”​

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. Jabby Mcgee

Jabby Mcgee Valued Member

You have just made me a very happy man! Thank you for posting this :love:

3. Shinobi-son HSC

Shinobi-son HSC Valued Member

Link doesn't work for the free download. Is there another one?

4. Jabby Mcgee

Jabby Mcgee Valued Member

works fine for me....

5. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

Try going to the "store" at: http://stores.lulu.com/lawson and selecting the "Download for Free" link just below the "Add print to cart" link.

I generally avoid using the "store" link because 1) its got all of the other titles there too which can make it hard to find the one I'm announcing and 2) my book is there on top and is non-free (the only one, but still).

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Shinobi-son HSC

Shinobi-son HSC Valued Member

Thanks chief. I look forward to reading this.

7. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

Only just started reading, but I'm already impressed.

This is exactly the kind of thing one needs for close-range self-defence.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that the pro boxers of yesteryear sound more educated than the high school or university graduates of today? Show me an athlete these days who can write like that...

Thanks Kirk, and when finances permit (I have a mortgage) I'll definitely be buying a few of your books.

8. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Valued Member

The link doesn't work on the store either for me? I'm assuming something is supposed to happen rather than the grey loading screen I currently have?

9. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

No rush. Times are tough. When you're ready. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. lklawson

lklawson Valued Member

Beats me what's going on there.

How about a direct link to the PDF. I usually don't do that because I want to link to the lulu page for the text. You get to see the cover, read my masterfully written blurb ;) , etc.

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_69/10294000/10294852/2/print/The_Art_of_In-Fighting_by_Frank_Klaus.pdf

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk