Thank you

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by bassai, Oct 25, 2015.

1. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I'd just like to say thank you to both unreal combat and Simon for today's awesome boxing session.
    It was great to meet so many dedicated martial artists in one place and Simon kept the the pace just right so a fat old bloke like me could keep up but still give the much fitter people there a work out.
    Hopefully Simon will do another and I can get up to that one as well , and I'd recommend anyone else to.

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Was a great session. Shame a few more MAP,ers couldn't make it. Was a few more people supposed to of have come but weddings and babies took priorities. Still, a good 10 of us took part on the day so all was good.

Awesome fun. Had a nice day!

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Hopefully I'll be free for the next one, I'm very envious of all who attended!

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Real honour to be invited up in the first place.

Thoroughly enjoyable day and worth the long drive.

1610875_515552131953162_4250934266610669452_n.jpg

I did a little certificate of attendance as a thank you.

12038135_10153814790144411_7519072504722907736_n.jpg

5. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

is it just me or does simon look like he's going to just wipe that smile off your face. everyone else looks kind of chill or a little happy/smirk-y. not simon.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

The UK would be out of the recession in a week if Simon became a debt collector :D

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

should've been cast as harry brown instead of michael caine.

8. Simon

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC7uIPBXcf4"]I Am Smiling - YouTube[/ame]

And bassai doesn't get any stick for his "hello boys" look.

You lot are harsh. :D

9. Unreal Combat

Yeah, we took about eight group shots and Bassai had the same look on all of them. Lol.

10. Simon

You lot must come to the next session.

Super cool guys and girls, well drilled and very fit.

Unreal Combat's team have come to him from different martial backgrounds and it's probably why they were so accepting of new ideas.

11. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I'll second all of that , absolutely top group with not a single ego displayed , just a want to train hard and learn.
    And to explain "that" look , I'd just had 2 hours of top instruction from a very capable and friendly teacher and was able to partner a kickboxing champion for a large portion of the session who also gave some really helpful feedback and advise , to say I was chuffed really doesn't cover it !:D

12. Simon

One memory that bassai and I will take from the day was from a mirroring drill I did.

Students were told to spar lightly and really study their opponent.

Watch their breathing, how they move, their stance, balance and so on.

They were told that in round 2 they had to become their opponents.

They all looked at me like I was mad, but in round 2 bassai became his opponent, slipped a punch and threw a fantastic counter out of nowhere.

It wasn't bassai, but bassai being his opponent.

We looked at each other with a, "where the hell did that awesome move come from".

A karateka moving like a boxer. Who knew.

13. Simon

Van Zandt, you'll be pleased to know that there was a speedball in the corner of the gym and the first thing I did was kick it JCVD style.

Unreal Combat tells me he does the same.

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm watching Bloodsport in honour of your speed ball antics.

15. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

I read somewhere that he was the first choice but the other actors kept running away...

16. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I think that's an invaluable skill. Sounds like you do a great job teaching it! And great job Bassai!

If you watch Tsuneo Ando who was one of Shioda's uchi-deshi you can see he tried to emulate everything about how the man moved, how he walked, and even how he stuck his thumbs in his hakama.

And I'm loving the tactical short shorts Simon :D

17. Unreal Combat

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's always nice to get good feedback about our group from external visitors.