[Thailand] Visiting Thailand

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Marke2020, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Marke2020

Marke2020 Valued Member

Hi,

I m planning a trip to Thailand during the last two weeks of Feb this year.

Can anyone tell me if they know of any good Muay Thai events around this time?

Also, any places that would be good for a days training (I know a days training in never ideal but unfortunately this is not a martial arts holiday).

I m planning are travel to both the North (Chiang Mai), central (Bangkok) and the south (possibly Nakhon Si Thammarat).

Hopefully be able to experience some culture, beaches and wildlife treks as well as Martial Arts of course - :topic: any suggestions on anything would be great :D .

2. sportmuaythai

sportmuaythai Valued Member

http://www.jittigym.com/
    For Bangkok, Jitti is ideal for short term trainning. One on one attention is given same as long term students. Very accessible, since it's right next to a subway station. A good second choice would be Muaythai Plaza, also near a subway station, and near Lumpinee muaythai stadium. But lately their students exceed the trainers, so you may not get quality training.
    In Chiangmai, Chayai gym is quite good, but they tend to work with only students staying at least a forthnight. At tge infamous Lanna camp, they definitely only give proper training to long term students.