Tescao anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by totto, Feb 10, 2008.

1. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

Well, this thread is not Lama Pai, Hop Gar or Pak Hok. I think Tibetan martial arts from China is very unique and not so civilized. So, it is interesting to see what kind of system people have developed outside of China.

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Arguably this thread is not Tibetan martial arts either ;)

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Arguably? Dead cert more like it

4. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

"Tescao is a Tibetan warrior’s art" and Tetsudo is also claim to be Tibetan. There is not much information on them, maybe you are right. Do you agree that Lama Pai, Hop Gar and Pak Hok are very different to CLF for example?

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Ashida Kim and Frank Dux claim to be ninja and OJ Simpson claims he is not a murderer - doesnt make it true

6. Ben Gash CLF

Not really, indeed many outsiders would be unable to tell the difference.

7. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

CLF is famous for Gwa, So, Tsop, so do you think there are some similarities with hop gar?

8. Ben Gash CLF

you don't actually know what they mean otherwise you wouldn't be asking.
    (quick Google search by IMAS later: OF COURSE I know what they mean.)

9. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

It became famous because Chan,Hak-fu got a bloody nose that wouldn't stop?:confused:

I've had close relationships with Pak Hok guys over the years. Close enough that one teacher from Hong Kong even made me a private tape of him doing his hand and weapon forms.I've also been on the receiving end of it. I think it's a good system but don't feel it's especially unique in regards to other CMAs.

If we can establish that there are any authentic "traditional" Tibetan MA systems still in existence then we can compare. I don't see it as an impossibility that there may be. Still waiting for it tho'.

Why don't you compare it with the so-called Tibetan T'ai Chi? Should be good for a laugh.

10. IMAS

IMAS Banned Banned

I asked because I am not sure you know Hop Gar that is all. Hop Gar is all offensive so it sort of shocks you. Maybe Chan changed to more CMA like.

11. Ben Gash CLF

Yes I am familiar with Hop Gar. Gwa, Sow and Tsop are offensive techniques :confused: