"Terror" Ad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Verx, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7427206.stm

What a massive insult to Arab culture that just wearing an Arab keffiyeh promotes terrorism. Have they even seem such so-called "terror groups"? Standar uniform is cargo pants, black t-shirt and black baraclava, not a keffiya.

Freakin' bigots.:bang:

2. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Michelle Malkin would seem the potential bigot in this case. Dunkin' Donuts commercially had no choice but to drop the advert, they couldn't afford any sort of negative publicity even were it perpetrated by just a small minority. Pretty sad really.

Here's her post:
    http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/23/of-donuts-and-dumb-celebrities/

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  3. Verx

Had no choice?

Why not just stand up for themselves, they buckled under the threat of a boycott.

4. Topher

Topher allo!

They're the business - their job is to make money, not loose it. Even thought this whole thing is completely ridiculous if it was drawing negative publicity then it is doing the opposite of what an advert is designed to do.

5. Verx

Yeah, you're right. I forgot that they don't care about principle just money.

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Good god . . . cry me a freaking river.

We are all looking at the new censorship in action - find a way to associate anything with terrorism and boom! It's off the air. It's bigoted and fascist even. What a bunch of BS. American's are a bunch of wuss's.

7. WildWaldo

WildWaldo Valued Member

I think they should keep the ad after all as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I don't know about you but if any chain made a stand against these idiots and sead (publicly) it just a scarf like any of millions of other out there not a symbol of terror so grow a brain you wine little twits, that chain would go to the top of my list and I would go out of my way to shop there.

The world needs to grow a pair and say no to stupidity, this PC BS has gone to far.

8. Verx

Surely this is anti-PC? PC would be that the scarf has no association with anything whatsoever.

Does it suprise anyone that the person that raised the complaint was connected to Fox news? So much for fair and balanced.:rolleyes:

9. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

NUff said Fighting terrorism since 1492

Attached Files:

10. sg516

sg516 Without ME its just AWESO

dude, i am so glad this ad got pulled how else would i have ever learned of rachel rey's subversive plot to support and recruit extremist muslims? i mean i knew dunkin donuts was their meeting place bc lets be real, terrorist or not you can't stay away from that delicious coffee and don't even get me started on the wonderful boston cream donuts... nevermind

11. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Malkin and Ingraham are 2 very far right Fox News "contributors" and I pay them little mind. I tend to watch Fox because at least they try to have both sides represented. Juan Williams, Dick Morris, and Alan Combs are regulars on the network and they are at least left of center. I don't see too many "righties" on CNN or MSNBC though...
    Let Rachel do her thing and Malkin should just shut up...

12. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Next they'll be banning Asians from the TV because their skin colour is promoting terrorism

13. Verx

Funny, I watch it for humour value.:p

Nah but it's crazy how many half-truths they put out.

Just today, the Israel-Hamas truce. Sky News reported it as a "truce which stopped Hamas rockets on Israel". What they failed to mention was:

1) Gaza has been under seige for a year. That is no one can go outside or inside, except in special circumstances. All goods, except humanatarian aid (even that is restricted) can't enter the Strip.

2) 178 Palestinians have died from the seige and missile attacks on Gaza by Israel. Compare this to ~ten Israeli settlers armed to the teeth and a couple of soldiers.

3) It was the so-called terrorist groups that initiated the truce not Israel.

14. Verx

:D

LMAO! Great one.

15. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

LOL! I watched that headline about Hamas twist all morning over here. At first, it was stated that Hamas intitiated the truce and has since warped until now I am sure Israel will get the credit!

16. Verx

Heck why is the truce even news? It was proposed over a month ago by the Palestinians, since then Israel's been taking it's sweet time responding.

17. buddafinger

buddafinger Valued Member

I dont know what a terrorist is, so I've no idea how they dress.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

I've always wondered why a country that won it's independance through freedom fighting has such an issue when other countries try to do the same. When you going to give that land back to the natives and return to Europe (or at least the british empire).

War on terror or Empire building?

Anyway it was a scarf on a fast food advert.

Until all duncan donut adds have scarfs in them I'm going to boycott eating them (which as a superfit martial artist I dont do anyway;-))