Terra Nova

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Gary, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6aNEIZwPFc"]TERRA NOVA - First Look Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

This looks like it could be good, produced by Steven Spielberg and looks like it sits somewhere between Stargate, Lost and Jurassic Park. Each episode has a budget of around $4 million and it's been picked up by Sky1 in the UK.

Also my wife's cousin landed one of the lead roles so I'm hoping for good things since I'll be watching it anyway ;)

2. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

That actually looks pretty good. I love me a bit Jurassic Park. Add in future tech, overpopulation and marine type dudes with guns and I'm all over it. :D

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Sounds like my kind of show as well! :)

4. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Not that I'm writing that show off just yet but it looks a bit like Avatar with serial numbers filed off and a hint of Earth-2 thrown into the mix. Even the bearded dude reminds me of Quatrich. :S

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

STARGATE??? Mitch said that show really sucks....

6. Frodocious

Heads off to deal with Mitch... :yeleyes:

7. Kwajman

hmmmm, you tend to get upset when we talk about mitch...... :)

8. Frodocious

Well, he is the personification of awesomeness! :D

9. Kwajman

He must bribe you with some cool bugs or something.

10. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Anyone watching this now the plots are starting to unfold?

11. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

It's alright, but not enough dinosaurs.

12. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I'm liking it so far.

:cool:

13. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

I'm enjoying it so far, would like to see more awesome dinosaurs, but the story line seems good.

14. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

I missed the episode before last due to idiotic baseball going 94 innings in overtime. Made me hate baseball even more than I do, lol. As for the show, I like it so far. I hate who I'm supposed to hate and like who I'm supposed to like and thats a big part of the formula.

15. StevieB8363

StevieB8363 Valued Member

Do I have this right? They travel back 85 million years - to do what exactly? Clearly they never saw The Butterfly Effect.

I'm struggling to see how this could even sound like a good plan.

16. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Different time stream. They have a mission apparently, but I've never been able to work out what it is.

17. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Supposedly they found a wormhole 85 million years in the past in another timeline. So whatever they do now will have no effect on their present, of course for the people in the future of this timeline I guess they are FUBAR.

18. Bigmikey

It's an alternate timeline. It's discussed in one of the episodes. The whole point is that we have so arsed up the world that we can't live there any longer. Scientists find hole into another timeline which sends us back in time 85 million years. We go back in order to move forward and not be as stupid. Terra Nova is the colony we set up.

19. Osu,

I just watched the first episode............. and it upset me in no time!

The little girl arrives in their new house & she goes: "there is no room for me!: :("
    Bloody hell, she was living in a freakin' closet back home!
    The son hates his father.
    They are all whites & American!
    The only difference is that centipedes are 3 feet long & leeches the size of a cabbage!

Spielberg just put his name on that one, my guess is that he is not involved!

There is no out, no second chance...
    Humanity will either get it right & change its ways, or go to oblivion.

Done with this ##@$%##@! :(:(

Osu!

20. Bigmikey

Actually, no, they arent all caucasian americans. The "baddie" is black, the lead female, Shelly Conn is hispanic by decent and born in the U.K., their daughter is of indian and english decent and also born in the U.K., other characters are asian, etc. There are some European accents as well. I havent seen anyone speaking foreign languages though so you are right that they're all american-SPEAKING. But then again its an american show - but its only a tv show...

Which is why we have the troubled youth, rebelling against his family, the little girl learning to accept her long missing father, etc, etc... we must feed the formula after all. So dont let it get to ya. Just enjoy the scenes where the dino's get to snack on man-flesh! :D :cool: