Teri Tom Is An Idiot!

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by hulkout, Oct 22, 2009.

1. 1fightforright2

1fightforright2 Valued Member

YOur going to luv this even more!! I have asked my instructor and this was his message:

No as far as I know he didn't. Demura's knowledge at that time was I believe fairly limited. In fact he, Demura approached my teacher, at the time (of Okinawan weapons), sensei Inoue for instruction but as I am aware was turned down.

2. 1fightforright2

Owin have just read Dan Inosantos filipino martial arts book, he may not have gone to the Filipinos to train however he has around 16 eskrima instructors! I have also bought all his dvd's from the academy in the grappling jun fan dvd he shows the puta kabala going into a series of armbars. also in the stick dvds he says he was taught that kali is the mother art of escrima however he also says that every style has a different history. so the history is not that clear. In his stick fma traning dvds he always says kali, arnis, escrima. meaning its the same thing. I implor you to buy all the dvds. you say your are a big Dan inosanto fan! and buy his book. in the mean time I have started to read all the filipino martial art books. will be back soon.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Or you could spend that money on private lessons and really improve.

Just saying. :D

4. 1fightforright2

Just to let you know for the hundredth time I have been training in Jun fan Jeet kune do for 8 years. oh by the way I will be coming to wycome to meet you personal. be ready for it. YOur instructor has invited me over and will be gladly coming.

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

:rolleyes:

Grow up.

6. Simon

Calm down, it's only the internet.

I look forward to meeting you, but need to clarify a couple of things.

I don't need to "be ready for it", becase the meet is a friendly affair, attended by people interested in exchanging ideas.
    If you think there will be any conflict then you are mistaken.

My instructor didn't invite you, becuase my instructor isn't going and knows nothing about it.

My instructor has a pathetic (sorry David) 9 posts on MAP and hasn't ever posted on a MAP Meet thread.

With that said, I look forward to meeting you.

7. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

This is the best post in this thread for a long time.

The concept also extends to wasting time on pointless arguments on the internet vs spending time wisely training or thinking about martial arts, or, even (gasp!) doing something productive that's non MA related (family, friends, hobbies, work, sleeping, learning a new language, thinking up the cure for cancer, and so on). Just sayin' like. :whistle:

I am also planning to come to the next MAP Meet, and if being ready for "it" means being ready for an enjoyable, friendly day, in the aid of charity, with some top quality training and exchange of ideas loosely around the concepts of martial arts, then yes, I am ready for it, looking forward to it, even...

All the best :)

8. 1fightforright2

o.k then thank you very much however your insulting me by saying that I have no skill all because I have read many books. my graphic design degree has taught me that when you research you must a look on the internet, read about it and explore it. I have applied this to martial arts. look on the tommy carathers fourum. My skill is not great but it is I am confident enough to say is good.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88191&goto=newpost

9. 1fightforright2

thank you fair enough what martial art style do you do?

10. 1fightforright2

You comming over to the map?

11. Simon

Can you find the post where I claim you have "no skill"?

12. Dean Winchester

Why?

Does my presence there somehow lessen the immature attitude you display in that post?

13. 1fightforright2

no but I feel that you have insinuated it more than once.

14. Dean Winchester

People only have your posts to go on, little more.

Your knowledge has been found wanting at times but I can't see how physical skill would come in to it, not without a video anyway or at least you describing how to perform certain techniques.

15. 1fightforright2

wait a moment I am immature?! everybody here is bombarding me with arguments, LOL I was minding my own business until you guys showed up.

16. Dean Winchester

The childish nonsense in the post I quoted seems to indicate otherwise.

17. Simon

Not quite true.

This thread was pretty much dead. Then you posted a series of claims based around some videos and books you'd viewed.

18. Dean Winchester

Although in jest this is really good advice.

Unless money is no object then being savvy with you MA finances can make all the difference.

I love books but hands on experience can be worth so much more.

Edit: my wife recently purchased Filipino Martial Culture by Mark V Wiley for me and although I understand it has some flaws it has given me a good insight into the arts. However it will probably be the last FMA book I have for a while as one on one training would be far more beneficial.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  19. 1fightforright2

Obviously you have not read the other threads. Are you coming to the map or not?

20. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I have no dog in this fight as I don't train JKD in any way, shape or form.

You had a choice to either respond or not respond to the offending posts and once you chose to respond you had the choice to do it in a measured and mature manner or in the manner in which you did.

So, based simply on the posts in this thread you have behaved in an immature manner.