"Temple" style: Tai Chi history question

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Silly, May 30, 2007.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

did it have any sunken treasure with ut?

2. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Waysun Laos book is great. I like the ch'i meditations section.

the form in the back of the book is confusing, though.... what is it? yang?

3. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

I thought it was garbage.It contains the most ridiculous theory of fa jin ever put on paper. It goes beyond chi and makes it out to be some kind of superhuman force that transcends all known laws of physics.In reality it transcended all known laws of commonsense.

4. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

high speed particle physics don't follow rational, linear thought either.

5. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

Maybe they don't but fa jin is purely physical.If it had anything to do with qi it would be called fa qi,or releasing qi.The fact that fa jin mans releasing trained strength might indicate it comes from tendons,bones and muscles.

6. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

I just fa qied at the dinner table. I had to excuse myself

7. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow New Member

very interesting he is doing the form I do - but different

8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

In the edition I have the drawings are of the standard long Yang sequence but performed in the manner of Cheng,Man-ch'ing's method. According to Liao he and Cheng were friends so he was either influenced by Cheng or perhaps just had the drawings reflect Cheng's postures as they were probably the most common TC in the US at the time Liao wrote his book.

9. fabie

fabie New Member

Very interesting here...I am a Temple Style Tai Chi, a longtime student of Master Waysun Liao from the 70s is my teacher. I have been practicing this beautiful art since 1998...and I can attest to Master Waysun Liao's internal energy based from my teacher who also have the internal power from his methodology.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It's a year old and was stinking like a dead dog in a drainage ditch prior to that...you have hardly made the necromancy worth it