Telekiness

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Xio, May 27, 2004.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Takes up the chant...

"Randi... Randi...Randi......"

2. spoon

spoon New Member

If you're randy maybe you should take a shower

3. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

Bunny, you said "Some things just can't happen, simple as that.", this statement goes against quantum physics.

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No it doesn't, and I've got no idea where you got that idea from. Study quantum physics for a year or so, then come back and tell me that again.

5. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

Ok smarty bunny pants, quantum theory states that before a wave function collapses, which would be a particular manifestation of a certain phenomena, the wave function in itself carries all possibility (so nothing is imposable), though the collapse of the wave function (the manifestation in our reality) is dependant on some probability (don’t think that’s the right word), so depending on where on the scale of the wave function (or all possibility) the wave collapses, the phenomena manifest accordingly. E.g. If a wave function for the colour of an orange, collapsed in a different place from the statistical norm, then an orange could be blue, though its not likely to happen, but it is possible.

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No, I think you've misunderstood quantum theory here. Not all things are possible.

Yes, I suppose that technically it is possible, but we're talking on a scale of possibility that would be truly unthinkable. We're talking about vanishingly small, not one in a billion, or one in a trillion, but infinitely less than that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  7. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

I can make something rise by merely thinking of Angelina Jolie..

8. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

Yes, you are right Bunny, but even that infinitely small chance is still a chance, thus the possibility endures, as unlikely as it may be.

9. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Sadly, you're not really looking at causality. Even if through quantumn weirdness something levitated, it would be due to chance and the fact you were thinking it a coincidence.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  10. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

Yah um..little bunny, go eat a carrot..

11. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Things will happen to believers. Blind will remain blind until their karma dictates a change in their cosmic existence.

You use your mind too much that's why you can't see the moon. Stop looking at my finger. Meditate a bit more please
    ;)

I love all this bitching on the net because it simply leads to nowhere. Life will still continue regardless of our arguments. Wu-wei someone mentioned not long ago is a smart move. I should consider embracing it too. Maybe one day when karma says so :rolleyes:

12. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

New Course on offer!!

There is a new guy teaching a course on telekinesis!

For free he will move all the money out of your wallet and into his!

He's brilliant! I went to his course and it was really great! Of course, I am on the run from the Bailiffs now! :cry:

13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I just find it odd that when that money could be used to do so much good, or spread word of the existence of chi and settle these arguments once and for all, its still not been claimed.

Then don't try to use science that you evidently don't understand, thank you.

You know, I was going to make a sarcastic comment, but I think you've saved me the effort with this. Thanks for that.

Why should I meditate more, will it help me to stop actually thinking?

14. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I find it odd too, that when asked for proof, you lot suddenly go all ad hominem on us. A piece of advice: Don't have any more to do with people for whom 'western' is a four letter word than you can help.

15. Jiraiya

Jiraiya Valued Member

I can move things with just the power of my mind:

My arms and legs.

If someone figures out how to the other stuff, please please please let me know. That'd be one heck of a party trick!

16. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

I had to look that one up! I like it. :)

My own latin is more the dog latin:
    stercus! stercus! moritus sum!
    :D

17. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

There are some who give the impression that they can - but it just that - a party trick.

18. gerard

gerard Valued Member

19. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

My mind hasn't fallen out of my head, I can handle maths, science, language. I can make my body work as I want it to work. What's there to control?

As for the non-believer science links, standard link to a poorly done scientific experiment, that didn't even support the idea of psychokinesis. In fact the evidence suggested that there was no significant effect from the attempt, as the report itself stated.

20. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Xio, good to see you again. "Telekinesis" I dont know bud sounds too good to be true but if you look at it from the point of view that if it didnt exist why was it given a name. Fantasy or Fact? Hmmmmmm.
    Pass me that beer bro. Nah dont worry man I'll think about getting it meself