technique of the week

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Sub zero, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

Not to be out done by the judo forum.:D

Just did this one tonight.

Cross buttocks trhow.
    And it's not just becasue of it's great name!

Right.heres how my club usualy go into one.
    Attacker punches right hand to the head..defender steps out of hte way and blocks form the outside with right hand.Defender then puches attackers head thru over the attackers right shoulder.Then defender brings back left hand and right blocking hand (grabbing attackers right attacking hand) into a figure four armlockbehind the attackers head.(well more at the side)
    attacker resists pushing arm forward.Use this momentum and then go into the throw byturning ur hips ninety degrees infornt of him. Then pull armover and the correct hip movement.

I hope you know what i mean.
    :confused:

2. warren

warren Valued Member

my favourite technique at the moment is full shoulder throw,the reason i like this throw is because the lock on the arm means i can get this throw on anyone big or small,heavy or light,it is also used to great effect in the film last samurai by tom cruse when the ninja's attack the samurai village,check it out the entry for the throw is almost identical to that shown in the film

3. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

thast is a cool move warren. I always use to throw the person directly over my head with that one.

4. warren

warren Valued Member

the set up for the throw also allows you to go in to shihonage,you can also do a sweeping version and a spring hip version just as easily

5. Jim

Jim New Member

Sorry, SubZero, you lost me at the second punch... :eek:

A bit like learning how to tie knots. Can you post a pic or 3?

6. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

hmmmmm

*ponders* that might just be possible. My girl friend got a digital camera recently. I oculd maybe borrow it (and with the help of pauls or someone else) take pictures ofthe tehcas i do it.

BUt it won't be for atleast two weeksneay.Sorry

Yeh sorry i'm so bad at explaining stuff like this.BUt it is really hard on line.

7. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

best move i know.............the valley drop throw! sorry hardcore traditionalists but i don't know the japanese name for it.

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

If its the same as the Judo valley drop it would be Tani Otoshi ;)

9. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

One technique that I get every week sparring in O Soto Gari. My fav. lead in is right-lead right-backfist w/ left hand & left foot moving forward as the backfist is landing to trap the blocking arm.
    Quickly bring right foot in for sweep.

If the other person slides back from the trap, you may only get a heel-heel trip. If they freeze & focus on the trap, you can get more such as --Garuma or --Otoshi.