Technique Man Pinning Both Wrists in Mount Position Defense Strategy

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by fahid almuher, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Hi Sensei Fahid
    I think you’ll find that MAP has a lot of very experienced regular contributors
    As a result I find that it is a great forum for me to learn and explore other perspectives
    It’s not a good place if you only want to teach
    Hope that makes sense
    D

axelb and Mangosteen like this.
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: If you are thinking there is a violation of TOS, report it. No one is above the TOS, including MODS. However, if you look at my past history on MAP and mod warnings, you will see that I have enforced this across the board in a consistent manner. I have also enforced it with members regardless of race, religion, etc. little searching of MAP will show you the facts of the matter.

Everyone who is on here in the spirit of what MAP is is welcome. And that is that it is a discussion forum. Everyone agrees to this when they sign up.

axelb likes this.
  3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

axelb, Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Recovering from illness, this post cheered me up so thank you. Truly a work of art.

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Where's the racism ??
    all I see here is people talking about your very bad clips and inability to provide your real qualifications to be teaching this stuff

Grond and axelb like this.
  6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Given Fahid is a public figure, we should be cautious to assume this poster is the real man and not an imposter trying to cause trouble. Demanding to be called sensei kind of triggered my alarm bells personally. Not to mention the defensiveness, throwing out challenge etc. Not necessary.

No offense but trust is in short supply these days. I think Fahids channel is a mix of meh but also some decent workout videos (HIIT etc). But don't make the mistake of assuming you're the smartest in the room, coach. And if it's the real Fahid, he's apparently well liked as a trainer and has almost half a million subscribers. But that should translate into being able to have an easy back and forth dialog.

Maybe it's an issue that Fahid's grasp of speaking English is clearly better than this poster's ability to write it? ESL is a thing, it happens. It's harder to read and write than speak.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Mangosteen and Dunc like this.
  7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it's good, value is objective not subjective.

Well short term it's subjective but you get what I mean.....

Dunc likes this.
  8. Dead_pool

I hope the despair squid didn't get you!

Hope your recovery goes well!!

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If there is any racism on any thread in MAP please report it and I will deal with it. MAP does not tolerate racism.

MAP is a discussion board. For a discussion to take place, both sides have to be willing to learn. I look forward to your contributions, but you must also talk to people who have different ideas; that is discussion :)

axelb, Dunc, Mangosteen and 4 others like this.
  10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Close, it was actually some bad tuna fish. Who knew tuna fish becomes poisonous with histamine with inadequate refrigeration? Food for thought and totally off topic, but if you ever get really sick 1-2 hours after eating some tuna fish, you probably have scombroid poisoning, and you need to purge and take an anti-histamine. Still, 24 hours later I feel like I've been through a meat grinder.

Back on topic, Mr. Fahid actually has some competition video out there, in what looks like your average point kumite arena. I have to say these demo videos aside, I'm glad to see he isn't just another one of those all-demo guys and actually gloves up. I don't really have much to say about the ground grappling stuff, not my wheelhouse really.

If this is the real Fahid, I think it's valuable to critically analyze his videos, without blanketly trashing them. But, it's a two way street, Fahid should be more than able to field criticism and questions.

axelb, fahid almuher, Dunc and 3 others like this.
  11. fahid almuher

fahid almuher Member

On right side me
    in the middle Jordan karate federation president
    On left one of my student after getting 2nd in world cup 2009 in Greece (WKF) championship

[​IMG]

I know some people will start to strike again anyway
    its fine
    and some other will say this isnt you cause of hair

This is in 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way There some Tai Chi fat Guy wrote offensive word and abused me
    Thats how racism speech

I have
    423K subscribers on YouTube

I didnt come here for more
    i came to see how people in other foreign countries can they accept anything from us
    I Though they are very nice people as i heard from alot of friends
    but its disappointed me to see this mount of racism and heaters

anyway its fine
    also no body show up any of his video or what ever it

Thanks for reading
    and special thanks for Grond brother for his kindness

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Grond likes this.
  12. fahid almuher

fahid almuher Member

dear if anyone want to criticize he must have better but they just writing behind screen not body showed one move in video just writing only show and criticize its fine for me

13. Mangosteen

Lol no one has said a damn word of racist speech to you on these threads so far.
    Please show us - who said something racist to you in these threads?
    That person will be banned from this website if it is racism.

You cant take any questioning.
    You are using accusations of racism to hide from questions.

I keep asking for your advice on technique and you ignore my questions.
    Help a brother out.

Grond, Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  14. fahid almuher

fahid almuher Member

your question was
    hit and escape thats you ask about
    ok what you suggested after release from choke or (strike and wait attacker till wake up and strike again? or kill him???
    dear these videos for non martial arts players means for normal people who dont know anything about martial arts and someone attached them
    its not for players

15. fahid almuher

fahid almuher Member

now i answered its your turn show us

16. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Hi Sensei Fahid

I like the format of your videos, especially that you show a simple move for beginners followed by techniques for more experienced folk and I'm very impressed by how many subscribers you have - congratulations that's an amazing achievement!!

With the greatest of respect I do feel that there are some details or adjustments that would improve aspects of your technique, particularly the ground fighting videos (which are the only ones I've watched so far)
    I say this as someone with 30 years of experience in Japanese martial arts and 9 years of BJJ

I do have videos up on youtube, if you'd like to see them then PM me and I'll send you a link to my channel. There are also some threads where I've shared videos on this site
    Personally I've found the feedback on my videos from people on this site to have been very valuable and I'd welcome any feedback that you may have (maybe on the other threads rather than here)

However, I have not put up any ground fighting videos to date as I'm only a brown belt in BJJ and I feel there are much better videos on youtube than any I could put up. This is why I pointed you to videos from other black belt instructors

I hope that makes sense and if you'd like to hear any more observations or thoughts on how you might develop your technique further then I'd be happy to share them in these forums

Just let me know

All the best
    Dunc

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  17. Mangosteen

Actually my question was - if I bridge a person with no experience, sometimes they stick their hand out to the side to stop me.
    I have tried punching in the ribs from the bottom position of the mount but it did not work to stop them sticking their hand out.
    Please advise.

As I keep saying - my country makes it illegal to meet anyone. I have not seen family in 9 months. So I will not be able to show a video of myself.

axelb likes this.
  18. Dead_pool

Yep, that's a 10 4, good buddy.

19. Dead_pool

This isn't tiktok, you want video, you go somewhere else, in the meantime this thread will still be found on Google when people look you up.

So as you don't teach karate, anymore, why should you be be called sensei by anyone, kinda silly isn't it?

20. Dead_pool

This is my video, it's got better production values and is more real (everyone gets hit) then all of your videos.