Teachers drop the Holocaust to avoid offending Muslims

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ragnarok2005, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Buckeye Blue

Buckeye Blue Valued Member

"Zionist servitude"? Almost as amazing a line as them "exporting massive misery across the Middle East". Are you at all serious about what you said? Whatever garbage is going on between the Israelis and the Palestinians is one thing, but anyone who believes that the Jews are responsible for the rest of the Middle East's problems has a screw loose. I am reminded of when the Asian economies tanked in the late 90's. Suharto of Indonesia had the answer--it was the fault of the Jews. So how are the Israelis exporting massive misery, through their control of the media or through their international banking cabals? I would look up the answer myself, but I don't own a copy of Mein Kamph.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

That would be a very simple way of looking at a very complex issue.

I think one of the biggest problems is that in Britain you only have to study history until the 9th Grade, and the holocaust comes quite a long way down the list of things that have to be covered, which means sometimes the issues surrounding it get simplified or missed out all together.

3. Yep. Up until that point we also have to learn about how Evil British Whites invented slavery and then went and enslaved every single person in Africa and ruined their continent for all time and caused all the problems that they suffer today and that we must throw more money at them.

I cant be the only Brit who was told that in school.

4. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

You're not.

5. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

that is shocking. Everyone knows it was only the English - and the Scots and Irish were totally blameless and the Welsh were far to busy making things and mining.

6. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

The slavery thing is always turned into a white vs black thing...

There were many black people involved and to blame for it also.

7. holyheadjch

lol, I dont remember being asked to donate money to Africa during history lessons. My history lessons were similarly bleak but focused on how we devastated Ireland.

8. holyheadjch

Only the uneducated think it was a white vs black thing. I suppose that is the problem.

9. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

It mainly was a white vs black thing but black leaders played an important part as well.

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Hmm... depends on how you define 'white' I suppose. Many Arabs and Jews had a huge amount to do with slavery.

It wasn't a black VS white thing... it was a money thing. Good old commerce.

There were any number of Africans capturing and selling Africans into slavery as there were Arabs and Jews acting as middlemen as there were whites willing to buy them and put them to work on plantations.

11. Buckeye Blue

What is it with you and the Jews?

12. slipthejab

:confused:

I could ask you the same thing... I also mentioned Arabs and whites involved in the slave trade... but you chose to focus on my mention of Jews.

So what is it about me mentioning the Jews that got you so bothered?
    Too sacred a cow for you? :rolleyes:

The context of me mentioning them is fair game in such a discussion. How does that equate to me having something with Jews? :confused:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  13. Buckeye Blue

Yes there were jewish slave traders. And as a disproportionate part of the merchant class they were disproportionately involved compared to the population as a whole. However, jews were a tiny percent of the population, so their overall impact was small. Therefore, your statement that they were a huge part of the trade is false.

Normally incorrect statements are not a big deal, but the only people parrotting that line about the jews having a huge influence in the slave trade are people like Farrakhan and the freaks at jewwatch dot com.

Besides the fact that its untrue, or that you seem have dragged the "its the jews" argument into other threads? But if I really thought about what offends me about this statement, it would have to be that it is never made as part of an academic discussion. Instead its used to segue into a rant about how "those dirty blood suckers" control the world. And quite frankly, I am also offended (to a lesser extent) when I hear the argument being made that jews were not involved in the trade at all, as that is usually asegue into some self righteous lecture. So its not an issue of sacred cows.

Jews were involved in the slave trade, but you singled them out and then overstated their impact. If you took the arabs, (non-jewish) whites, or the africans out of the slave trade, the system would have been disrupted. If you removed the jews, there would have been a temporary ripple. So equating their contribution to the arabs or the africans is not fair game.

Again, if you had only done this once, there would be no issue.

14. Legless_Marine

Legless_Marine Banned Banned

Professor Tony Martin has a video covering this topic on You Tube.

15. slipthejab

I did overstate my case about their involvement being huge. But they were involved none the less. Their involvement in the slave trade in Surinam was larger than in othe markets. If I remember correctly they accounted for about 10% of the slave trade. So yes they merit a mention.

err... no one has parroted anything.
    I suggest you do your reading. As I said... the Jews were involved in the slave trade. I concede that I overstated my case by using the word 'huge'. But they were involved none the less. That fact is irrefutable.

Again it's not untrue. They were involved in the slave trade. It wasn't perhaps as high a number as other groups... but still enough to be recognized. Why do you have such a problem with that?

I challenge you to find any other threads here at MAP where I've blamed the Jews for anything. You're trying to paint it as if I'm some sort of anti-semite who's constantly pointing my finger at the Jews. That's simply not the case and you can't anymore prove it with citations than you can make chalk into cheese.

Either put up or shut up. ;)

Hmmm... seems this is a case of your own personal issues. I've not used any of the language you have to refer to Jews. Nor have ever implied it. So really if you need to sort out your issues.... MAP is not the place to do it.

Go back and attempt to understand why my post was responding to. Look at the statement it was responding to. It's hardly some anti semitic diatribe. Rather it points out that the slave trade was not only a white/black issue. There were others involved. The Jews were involved. Like it or not... you simply can't refute it.

Dude... how dense are you?
    How poor is your reading comprehension.
    I didn't single out the Jews.... look at the friggin' statement... I also mentioned Arabs (but oh we don't hear you moaning about that do we? no.) and it was mentioned in the context of bigger issue of black/white and the slave trade.

The Jews were involved in the slave trader. Period.
    You've said it yourself. I conceded that I overstated my case... but again they were involved.

Ok... so if I'd done this more than once... if sooooo many of my posts or threads here at MAP are that blatantly anti-semitic (as you're asserting)... then it will be no problem for you to qoute/link them and post them in all their terrible antisemite rancor here for everyone to see.... right? :confused:

Seriously Buckeye Blue... put your money where your mouth is... if not just shut up because you're talking tripe.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  16. You can't say anything about the Jews without being anti-semetic.

Slipthejab should be hanged for pointing out historical facts like that.

17. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Buckeye_Blue - you walked straight into the trap there! Unless I'm mistaken (quite possible:)) Slip was setting you up to make the point that some people treat people of the jewish faith as protected by some kind of "force field" from criticism - even when it's justifiable. You quickly jumped in with righteous indignation to protect the jewish honour while ignoring his mention of the arabs. It seems that the arabs lack the force field?

18. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

ah you cant please everyone... with different ethnic pupils being taught in what was once a predominantly white classroom, subjects will have to change along with their criteria.

dropping criteria in lessons when there has been no mention of offence caused is however stupid... a reason as to why ethnic intergation into a country's culture is slowed down due to PC bumbling jobsworths.

people have developed thinner skins as the years have gone on.

19. Verx

My history is not rock solid but as afr as I am aware the main difference between The Slave Trade and genral slave trade was that it was based on skin colour. The Jews and Arabs would buy coloured and white slaves but in The Slave Trade only blacks were traded. Also the scale was a big difference as well. As for using "Jews" and "Arabs" they are not very good groups because one can be the other and one is a nationatlity and one is a religion.

20. Verx

Arabs should really become Jedi... :D