Teachers drop the Holocaust to avoid offending Muslims

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ragnarok2005, Apr 1, 2007.

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=445979&in_page_id=1770

2. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

I disagree with avoiding facts to please people. Fact is fact, you have to realise that. It doesn't matter what religion you are.

3. Mandras

Mandras Eats Ninjas For Breakfast

'Political correctness' can sure take you to some mad, scary places :bang:

4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Well at least if you take all the events out where people got killed then the history lessons are gonna be real short.

5. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

i am a history teacher and never heard of this. why would the holocaust offend muslims... wouldn't it offend nazis or some crap? lol.

i teach how england, russia, italy and other european countries were all trying different methods to get rid of their "jew problem" which essentialy was a scapegoat for real issues (industrialization, greed, poverty, monopolies etc) just as in america how they blamed society's issues on alcohol (prohibition) and immigrants (especially catholics)

its rather retarded to drop something, rather then to teach it and different perspectives. muslims need to be taught about too... but that doesnt mean you have to exclude jews.

this article sounds fake, or small %, or maybe imbreds are trying to change curriculum so they don't have to talk about jews or muslims...

6. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

That is absolute rubbish.

The world is making out that muslims are so fragile that if they get offended, its the end of the world. Who comes up with these things?

What has happened in the past has happened, you cant change it thats life.

Anti-anything is human nature. The past dosent lie, conflict is a normal thing.

7. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Or maybe it's just the Daily Mail trying to shift a few units.

8. Verx

I can assure you that they are pleasing a very very small minority of a minority (in England anyway). Muslims in general are not offended by the teaching of the holocust and see it as a nesseccary (I can never spell that word) part of history that has to be taught.

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

its the daily mail, so when they say teachers, they actually mean one bad teacher.

10. holyheadjch

It seems to be less about not offending muslims and more about avoiding conflict between different religious groups. I think its misguided, but not as misguided as the Daily Mails reporting of it.

11. LJoll

LJoll Valued Member

Really crap article.

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

13. Just seeing what people would say.

You know me. No agenda. Just reading to learn.

14. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Absolutely disgusting.

15. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Talk about nannny state

16. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

It's a daily mail article, 'nuff said. I'd probably find more truth in an excuse from a year 9 pupil about why they didn't do their homework.

Honestly it's stupid.

Verx - think of it as one collar and two socks - necessary

17. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

who cares if it offends them, it is part of history, the topic of slavery offends people so should we not discuss the injustices of it because it will offend a certain sec of people? hell no

18. holyheadjch

How did you figure that? The government has had no part of that decision.

19. holyheadjch

but the point is practically no one would be offended by it. Thats why it is a bad article. If anything the teaching of it will have been dropped to avoid offence to non muslims caused by the beliefs of muslim students. So really the title of this thread is completely wrong.

20. Verx

10 years in education and you're the first person that I understand in regards to the word "necessary".