Target 2006

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by DL.Demolition, Mar 23, 2006.

1. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Lee Evans reference:

"That's yer jabber; you can jab with it like that. That's yer wielder; you can WIELD it like that!"

:D

2. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I can see how this happened. I've only trained with KJN Hart a few times and I have an immense amount of respect for him.

3. You Won Hwa

You Won Hwa Valued Member

Where's that from?

4. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Lee Evans XL tour.

5. ember

ember Valued Member

Wednesday, I FINALLY managed to land a handspring on the crash mat, twice. :love: (I've only been working on it for ~18 months.) THAT was a great feeling. Coyote says wait & see if I can do it again another day before saying I've got 'em, but for now I'm happy with progress.

I'd done some ab work and such over the weekend, both yoga and Kiseki's weight routine, guess I'm going to have to keep it up.

6. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Yey go Embs. The new acro queen of kuk sool :)

7. JKN-Taylor

JKN-Taylor New Member

lol...

Save the money to start my KSN testing >.>

Get to a point where I can beat psbn david in stand up and ground sparring ^_^;;

Then I may take over the world!... Might have to save that for next year though >_<

8. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Muahahaha......LOL, Dave is easy to beat standing up, see he's really not a good close up "sparrer",and we've talked about his ground tech, all you need is more stamina.Besides you shouldn't compare to davud anyway, compare to master Harmon, after all he taught him everything he knows.

9. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

but i guess that explains all of his grand champion victories. Please, ..........

Unless you are beating him at will, and regularly, you should be careful what you say. He is no slouch by any standard. There are few at his caliber, past or present.

10. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

I NEVER SAID HE WAS A SLOUCH, I didn't say beating him would be easy, I just told taylor how I've beat david, the few number of times I have.

11. Choiyoungwoo

Choiyoungwoo Guest

These statements are quotes of what YOU WROTE and they are not taken out of context.
    I never claimed that you called him a slouch, but YOUR WORDS are not unclear or ambigous.

YES YOU DID,
    that is a lot different that what you wrote,
    If you meant something else, then write something else.
    It interesting how you are eager to change the context of your post all of a sudden. Maybe, next time, you should write something like "the few times i have beaten him in the dojang, I did this , this and this, maybe you could try the same things taylor, and see if it works for you".

Then your posts will come across as helpful and informative, rather than diminutive to others and self aggrandizing.

12. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Um just a quick question, How did I change the context of my message?
    And just to piont out something, Once you get "inside" a taller persons range its easy to score pionts,in piont sparring situtions. ............I believe YOU taught me that !!!! And I never aggrandized myself, Did I say I can kick his a$$ in sparring, anytime in my message, I think not. Maybe I need to tell you what I told Ember awhile ago. .......time to turn down those thrusters.

13. ember

ember Valued Member

ROFLMAO. Give me a few years, and maybe an opportunity to outright take gymnastics again.

14. JKN-Taylor

JKN-Taylor New Member

master harmon? :/

I'd lose that fight before it even started.

15. Smokey13

Smokey13 Valued Member

in the next year im aiming for my senior black belt in rhee tkd. then i want to try muay thai or some full contact karate.

16. ember

ember Valued Member

No offense, hwarang, but in a match between you and PSBN David, my bet is on him nine times out of ten. (And with my luck, I'll pick the wrong 1 :) )

In-fighting really depends on the height difference. KSN teases about how in a back alley, if I go in close like that, he'd pop the top of my head like one of those coke bottles, end of game. I usually do better with quick in-strike, out-defend. And with PSBN David's sliding kicks, I'd better dodge fast or be SOL.

The other observation I've made is that in point-sparring, the judges usually see the head-shots much clearer than they see body shots. So even when I get in close and get a strike to the body, about half the time it's not seen/counted. But the headstrike counter-attack is.

17. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  18. ember

ember Valued Member

I will. They've got y'all first, and us last. And since they usually need scorekeepers / timekeepers... it's a better use of my time than fretting at home, worrying about being late, etc.

Too late ;) But only a little. As I said before, you're only MOSTLY grown up. You're still a young 29.

(And sometimes, in some things, I'm still a young 30.)

Agreed, on his part.

But... I think the point Choi was trying to make, is that you come across as cocky, sometimes. Like in that post.

He could have phrased it better. Turned down the thrusters, as you say. Or perhaps he could have trusted that JKN Taylor and I are quite capable of making our own comparison of the relative sparring abilities of our PSBNs.

19. JKN-Taylor

JKN-Taylor New Member

If you are interested in full contact, let me know. I'll be a punching bag for just about anyone.!

:D

... in the Houston area >.>... (Unless one of you guys want to buy me a plane tickett >.>)

20. ember

ember Valued Member

AFTER tournament, I might consider something like that.

Getting back to the Original Topic... what goals do people have for the rest of the year? If you posted any before, how are you progressing towards those goals?

I'm practicing both Joong Bong Il Hyung and Jung Gum Hyung for tournament, and I've started Baek Pahl Gi Hyung. Continuing to review / work on the older techniques, while starting Ki Bon Bon. Working on bong dae ryung more, with a different partner this time :( , but maybe next year I can have Coyote back :D.