Target 2006

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by DL.Demolition, Mar 23, 2006.

1. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Well you did win it last year if not for 'judging errors' :rolleyes:

2. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

you'll win it easily this year nat. buy the way, when do you promote?

3. blondeblackbelt

blondeblackbelt Valued Member

Judging errors on my own instructors behalf lol! Should be promoting next June :)

Fingers crossed for the tournament X

4. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Good luck! I'll be cheering you on! :D

I personally hope to come home with a medal. I'm working hard on Cho Geup Hyung to get it up to scratch.

By the way, what uni are you off to?

5. blondeblackbelt

And ill be there for you if im not judging :)

---

Im hopefully going to Keele Uinversity near Stoke.

Are you off to university too?

6. swntzu

Yeah, hopefully to Cambridge, but I'm not holding out much hope for meeting the conditions. My backup is Edinburgh.

What are you going to study? It sounds like you have conditions too. :(

Anyway, I wanted to say that you look a lot younger than I though you would be. Don't know if that's a bad thing or not. :)

7. blondeblackbelt

I'm 18, but look a lot younger with my hair up and in my uniform, plus im only little...lol

Yeah there are conditions to get in my first choice, but fingers crossed I should be okay. I've applied to study English + Philosophy, how about you?

Both the unis that you have applied for have Kuk Sool Won schools, which is always a good thing!

Hope your getting on okay with your exams.

8. swntzu

Haha! I finished a month ago. That's the one good thing about the Scottish system. It starts early and finishes early! :) How are you getting on?

Cambridge has KJN Hinchcliffe, who looks like a Bond villain, but I've been told that he's a nice guy...

I'm going to study Chemical Engineering, which sounds quite flash. :)

Exams went crap btw...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  9. blondeblackbelt

I have two weeks left of exams, its killing me!

Sure your exams went fine, im assuming you got pretty good predicted grades if your looking at Cambridge, so I would not worry!

KJN Hinchcliffe is a great instructor, you will be lucky to train under him.

10. swntzu

Good luck with your exams. Hope you get what you need!

I got BCC by the way. I need AAA... :(

11. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

12. swntzu

13. kswgreenman

kswgreenman New Member

Did you get in then?

I trained under KJN until recently - he's a great teacher and a lovely bloke. I wouldn't call PSBN a fool too much though as he takes the Cambridge class sometimes and may take it personal like ;)

14. swntzu

Lol. I was only kidding. Sorry if I caused any offence PSBN. 50 mush ups for me! :D

I'm hoping that if I beg, I might be able to get in. :(

15. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

KJN Blofeld (on left)

Attached Files:

16. swntzu

My God, KJN Hart must be about 8 feet tall! :S

17. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

Where those swords that KJN Hart is holding made by the guy in the UK? Sorry forgot his name.

18. Silentmonk

No, not if you mean KJN Whiting. They were a special order we got made for him from the class for acheiving his Masters. They were made by a guy in the uk though, who is a kuk sool student. :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  19. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

Nice gift.

How long are they? They look monster sized, although appropriate in his hands.

20. Silentmonk

Long story. Basically the guy who made them for him was talking to him at a seminar a few years back. They were saying how hard it is to get a sword to match their dimensions. This guy is massive too. So he said to Darren that he would make him one.

A few years later Darren was at a tournament and the guy walked up to him and gave him a sword he had made. Darren asked him how much he wanted for it. He said it was an honour making it for him and it was a gift.

So when he was getting his Masters we made a collection and because Darren liked his new sword so much we got in contact and the same guy said he would make us a matched pair for the cost of parts. So we paid him for his time too. :)

I believe the blades are 29 1/2 inches the handles another 12ish

I think thats basically right anyway lol Gi Ma Ja Se will correct me if I'm wrong i'm sure :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006