Target 2006

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by DL.Demolition, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Definitly a Good suggestion, but I like the idea of working my way down, then springing up to finish it.

2. ember

ember Valued Member

Work on my techniques, especially the throwing (e.g. Too Ki).

Work on my nak bub. I'd like to get ap poong cha down, and work on falling for the DBN technique sets. Review the falls for everything below that.

Work on my Hyung and general tournament anxiety for October, so that maybe I can *show* my best in the ring. (Should be easier now that I've got the trick of it.)

Finish memorizing Joong Bong Il Hyung, and practice it. Hopefully start learning straight sword form soon.

Practice everything at least monthly, and hopefully weekly. Promote whenever KJN says.

3. ember

ember Valued Member

June checkup

Work is having us do our personal development plans, with the reminder that we should periodically check our progress towards those goals. And... in memoriam...

So it is June, and the year is about half over. For those of us who posted goals, where are you with regards to getting there?

If you didn't post goals in January, what are your goals now?

4. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Yeah, good thread to bring up again Ember. :)

My knee rehab has gone quite well, the stance routine is getting hit i haven't beat it yet, but i will lol.

New target controlled vertical side kick raise. Hell, aim high right. I got 6 months :)

5. beky_boo8

beky_boo8 Valued Member

Im practicing for the next tournament and tring to remember and learn new tecniques for my next 2nd degree test

6. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

Talk about weird timing, EmberKSW brings up this thread up again on the same day I finish my first goal for the year. I finally finished memorizing all the pressure point names in korean. The ones on merideans only. There are a bunch more which are not on merideans, not sure how many of those names I will learn. Although I have one from Maek Chi Ki #5.

7. kswflip

kswflip Valued Member

good topic goals this is a good one for us all I think my goal this year is new dojang more students more instructor training my own training, double long sword, spear sparing, flexability, faster kicks lots too do.

pls keep up the good work "Kuk Sool"

8. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

goals so far: got my 3rd dan, won the european grand champion title and managed not to fall over in the demo this year. still working hard on the others though.

9. JKN-Scott

JKN-Scott New Member

My current goals are to improve my sidekick, stances, overall flexibility and improve my hand conditioning.

Down to using my thumb and index finger on both hands for pushups but want to be able to use just my thumbs.

10. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

bugger, maybe i can! :eek: :bang: :cry:

oh well, my fitness is good and my arms, shoulders and legs are feeling stronger. i just can't seem to lose my belly :bang: :rolleyes:

11. kswflip

kswflip Valued Member

davefly STOP EATING

12. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

You may end up looking more like Toady from Neighbours JKN!

Anyway, my general aim for the end of 2006 is to acheive blue belt and gain the skills to back it up. That is, learn everything inside out, left and right side. And also to improve on my fitness. :D

A pet project would also be to learn some basic korean as well as learning the korean names for everything I know already.

Of course, there are the British Championships, which I will be going to. I will put in 100% and hopefully get something for my efforts.

13. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

damn! not only have i got to stop eating, i have also been demoted! :rolleyes: ;)

14. swntzu

Sorry about that KSN. I get mixed up with the titles. Guess I'll have to do 50 mush ups. :(

15. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Valued Member

Mush ups sound a lot scarier than push ups, somehow.

16. swntzu

Yeah, I heard it from the "How do you make it fun/funny thread.

17. ember

ember Valued Member

Maybe we ought to put this up in one of the sticky threads:

http://www.langintro.com/kintro/

18. ember

ember Valued Member

Been doing this, it's much better.

Still not there on ap poong cha, but I'm *feeling* like I could do it, and I think I'm a lot closer...

I think I've got the DBN technique nak bubs figured out, though the aerials / cartwheels tend towards simpler falls.

We'll see in October.

I *think* I've got Joong Bong Il Hyung completely memorized, and I've practiced it some. Not as regularly as I'd intended three months ago, but we'll see.

I have worked on cycling through the techniques I do in class, so I think I make the "monthly" criteria. Techniques and weapons are not weekly yet.

19. KSW_Martley

KSW_Martley Valued Member

I have finished secondary school now - I'm starting to train a lot more at home and at the gym, while still finding some time to take a couple of days off in the week. I managed to hold the front splits across 2 benches for nearly a minute the other week - its much harder doing the box splits. But I'm happy so far. I know my forms and techniques training are easily going well, that was reinforced at tournament. I still have a fair way to what level of fitness I hope to have achieved by the end of the year though. :)

20. blondeblackbelt

blondeblackbelt Valued Member

My targets for the end of this year are to compete at the Birmingham Tournament and maybe get Grand Champion (but moving away to uni in September makes me worried I will not be able to train as much).

I would also like to be able to do a clean front handspring by Christmas :)