Tanemura is Koga Ryu Master

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Yamabushi One, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

2. Yamabushi One

Yamabushi One Valued Member

This post was listed on the Genbukan discussion site:

"In the old Genbukan fundamntal taijutsu book it had a section "History of Koga Ryu Ninpo".Starting on page 17 and ending on page19.On page 19 Mr. Tanemura states "Hundreds of years later,I am teaching Koga Ryu Ninpo. It seems my destiny to continueon the same road as my ancestors".Try to get a copy if you can, Mr.Tanemura is also descendant of the Takeda family and the 59 th Emperor of Japan.As stated in the kyu book."

So, it would appear that Mr Tanemura is not only a Koga Ryu teacher, but is also related to the Takeda family............... not to mention the 59th Emperor of Japan.

Impressive.

3. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Tanaka Fumon claims the same Koga-ryu lineage. It's even on his business cards and in the back of some of his books in Japanese and in English print.

This was mentioned a few years back over on e-budo.

4. Lord Spooky

Doesn't he also claim lineage in Gyokko and Koto Ryu?

5. Kogusoku

Yes he does and a slew of other ryuha.

6. Lord Spooky

Thought so. I picked up one of his books and in the back there was a list of Ryuha that made me go "A???????? :confused: " needless to say I put it back and went and did some research on him.

Good to see you back on MAP!

7. Kogusoku

Cheers, will be back in blighty next month.

8. lalom

lalom Valued Member

So, is Tanemura Soke a Koga Ryu master? Then, Koga Ryu ninjutsu still exists, contrary to popular belief?

Perhaps it exists, but not taught anymore?

9. heretic888

heretic888 Valued Member

I don't really want to get into this, but let me just say this....

"Padding" one's family tree is a time-honored tradition in Japanese society. This is readily evident to anyone that has even a cursory understanding of Japanese history (pretty much every daimyo tried to "prove" he was descended from the Fujiwara or Minamoto at some point or another).

I don't know if Mr. Tanemura's claims are true or not, but it would not surprise me in the least if they were not. He would not be the first and he certainly wouldn't be the last.

Laterz.