Talented winch chun fighter

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Grass hopper, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

2. mattt

mattt Valued Member

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

When I think of a talented striker, I think of folks like Pacquiao, Cro Cop, Silva, etc. I guess the bar is lower for wing chun guys?

4. Grass hopper

Granted, no one of his strikes where that strong, but he was more than capable of controlling the fight.

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Yeah, but look at his competition. It looks like low level striking all around, which I mean, is fine. At least they're mixing it up.

6. Grass hopper

Yeah, he's not facing the fiercest the karate world has to offer for sure. But we can hardly blame him for that now can we?

7. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Great Wing Chun. The karateka has technique, but doesn't seem experienced in sparring or real fighting. A more experienced karateka would've made it a more interesting match.

8. Grass hopper

I'd say the karateka made his biggest mistake right in the beginning. He just walked straight At his opponent with no clear intentions.

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

After they're decided whilst on your feet. Fact. :D

Mitch

10. mattt

mattt Valued Member

The decision to fight may be made whilst on their feet, but the winner will not be decided until kneebar on the ground.

Fact

11. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Except for the fights which start out with a swift roundhouse to the head and a KO. Sakuraba-ish style. :woo:

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Winner is always decided by wax on wax off whilst standing. Miyagi supported fact.

Mitch

13. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Can't we all talk smack, fall over and then roll around and get sweaty?

Karate guys are too aggressive for good fighting.

Fact

14. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

If you focus on ground fighting, aren't you just as imbalanced as a primarily stand up guy, just in a different area?

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Good on them for giving it a go - more people need to step up and do that.

But at the risk of sounding harsh they were both pretty horrible - too much trying to put their style on the fight rather than actually fighting. Both also candidates for this years "how do armbar" award

16. mattt

mattt Valued Member

No. That's the craziest idea I have heard.

17. mattt

mattt Valued Member

All you have to do against a good striker is sit down. Then they enter the shark tank.

18. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Sorry but I'm unsure here so I'm gonna ask. Are you serious or being sarcastic?