Takamatsu Sensei's Grave

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fudo-shin, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

2. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

What the heck... no one took care of it??? :confused:

Wow... this just blows my western mind away.

3. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

Wow. Pretty crazy.

4. whiteshadow711j

whiteshadow711j Hiding in the Shadows

So What Shoto Tanemura is trying to say is that Takamatsu's grave was moved or removed from the site he was laid to rest at and now it is a parking lot??

WTF :mad: :eek:

5. shadow_ronin

shadow_ronin Banned Banned

Doesn't bother me.

I think it's a very ninja way to be forgotten.

His legacy lives on in memory which is more important than a grave covered by a parking lot.

6. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

So the grave was moved, or it was paved over??? If the former...then where is he now?

7. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

What do you guys think he meant by this? I'm assuming he wouldn't just saying something like this for no reason.

On a seperate note:

has Hatsumi said anything about this to anyone?

JW...

8. Big Will

Big Will NinpƓ Ikkan

I'm wondering... why didn't anyone keep it? If Hatsumi didn't keep it, why didn't Tanemura? Or anyone else for that matter?

I'm sure there are plenty who would...

9. garth

garth Valued Member

I thought Hatsumi had tried to raise money to protect that grave site by asking Bujinkan members for donations. I though that recently a grave marker had been erected with the names of the 9 ryu ha on it.

Whats happened :confused:

Garth

10. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Garth said:-
    I think you're confusing the actual gravesite with the Takamatsu memorial. Seems that way at least.

11. dra_uk

dra_uk Lost in Translation

A) It's spelled "separate"
    B) Nice of you to throw in a little dig on such a touchy subject

You also could have added, "My Soke cares more than your Soke." :rolleyes:

I'm constantly amazed by the pettiness on this forum.

12. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

It has been said that a memorial is for people to go and see and to pay respect to. Soke Hatsumi never said where the actual grave was in case a load of "westerners" turned up while Takamatsu family was there. they were all told to go to the memorial instead.

13. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I do not think it is a dig about who is better. But I could consider yours to be pettiness regarding the subject and correction of spelling.

14. dra_uk

So what was the point of saying it, then? If it wasn't a dig then what was it precisely?

Also, if one is going to start putting in little digs then at least they should spell them correctly! ;)

15. garth

garth Valued Member

MWDAndy posted
    I possibly am. But it does seem a shame that Takamatsu's grave has (if its true) been moved. But I guess that land in Japan is very expensive. Its a pity that the grave could not have ben moved to a memorial site.

But then i have images of students from the 3 X Kans all standing around the grave paying their respects.

Which might not be a bad thing.

Garth

16. dra_uk

For the record, my pointing out the spelling mistake was pedantry not pettiness! :p

;)

17. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

He's in the Genbukan, his soke made mention of it, he asked if the soke of the Bujinkan has said anything about it to get more details on the matter. Considering Hatsumi has more to do with it than Tanemura, one would assume by common sense, that Hatsumi would know more about it.

Seems like a legitimate question to me.

18. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

If Hatsumi Soke (and the heads of the other X-kans to their respective followers) is the father of the Takamatsuden arts today, then Takamatsu Soke may be considered the grandfather of what we study today.

A lot of people are moaning about the moving of a grave or lack of its upkeep, but be honest now, how many of you tend to the graves of your own grandparents?

Do you see what I'm saying?

I am ashamed to say I know which cemetary my grandparents are buried in but their graves are unmarked and I have no idea where they are within the cemetary. We should put our own houses in order before we start shouting about some grave of someone we never met in a faraway land. This thread has smelled like a smear campaign from the start but I wonder how many people are throwing stones from the safety of a glass house?

19. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Elftengu said:-
    Bingo. If, and let me stress the if without intending to cause offence to any party whatsoever, this story turns out to be true, then it is a matter to be dealt with by the surviving relatives of Takamatsu sensei and not by a bunch of people who saw a few minutes of grainy footage of the gentleman.

20. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Bingo!