Tai-chi VS Bagua

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by akira2000, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Pyro

Pyro New Member

Im sorry Simonlarcombe for being as nasty as I was yesterday. I apologise sincerely. I just cannot agree with a lot of what you say though. In my mind no matter how high practicioners of any style get there will always be some who would want to prove it through fighting. Sure most like you said would not care less for comp BUT there will always be some who will. Also after seeing some Bagua competition clips I got from China I have to say there is a reason they are not in the UFC or Pride FC....they would get whipped badly.... Either that or the tourneys for Bagua in china are full of garbage players and all the good ones decided not to show up.

2. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Go up against a high level mantis, CLF, Wing Chun, or any external KF artist thats been doing it long enough and the "advantage" internal has becomes non-existant...

this discussion is rediculous. You are debating which of the two roads leads quicker to the same end result.. you're gonna get there regardless if you stick to it. So strap your panties up a bit higher and try a bit of tolerance/respect for your fellow Martial Artists.

3. Khatami

Khatami Valued Member

Dear Sir,
    Interested to see you trained in Malaysia. may i ask where and who with?
    Best wishes
    Nigel Sutton

4. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Everyone here is wrong.

Wing Chun's mighty CHAIN PUNCHING owns ALL MARTIAL ARTS described herein, and hereout.

5. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Including you then lol :D
    (oh bugger - and ME coz I'm here.... :rolleyes: )
    :Angel:

6. slc

slc Banned Banned

I'm sorry too, I didn't realise you were. Any style can become irrelevant in a physical confrontation, that wasn't my point. Apologies for being vague.

7. slc

slc Banned Banned

Ditto previous post. In reality, outside a ring, my original posts stand. I wasn't debating anything, certainly not which road'll get you there faster. There's a new toll road between Birmingham and Chester, if an articulated lorry jacknifed and stopped all the traffic, blew up and set 100 cars on fire, it would still be quicker (somewhat unbelievably) to take the M5.

Who said I didn't respect you lot?

8. slc

slc Banned Banned

I trained with various guys in Sarawak, including the Grand Master and top guy in Aikido. No names, sorry.

9. slc

slc Banned Banned

Actually that's wrong too because you're all right.

10. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

So.. how does this get me to Dallas from Fort Worth faster?

Or perhaps theres a new convinient split that I can use to get to 45 and shave some time travelling to Houston? Chester.. Thats in Virginia right? And Birmingham is in Alabama too!

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

ahh..

"..and so it is that the roads less travelled often provide the most pleasant and fruitful of journeys.."
    (in the style of monkey tv show voice over person)

:p

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  12. slc

slc Banned Banned

Yes, truth.