Tai Chi and Qigong Schools Teach Benefits of Martial Arts

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Greey, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Greey

Greey New Member

Tai Chi and Qigong Schools teach the positive benefits of Chinese martial arts. Tai Chi is considered a "moving meditation" and, in theory and practice, has evolved to encompass principles of traditional Chinese medicine; that is, the mind, body, and spirit are deemed as a single entity. Qigong, another martial art, focuses more on spirituality and was historically practiced in Taoist and Buddhist monasteries. However, both Tai Chi and Qigong have come to be known worldwide for their benefits to health.

Some styles of Qigong teach the unity of humanity and nature. The practice of Tai Chi and Qigong both lead to a higher state of energy. The benefit for devout Tai Chi and Qigong students is that positive lifestyle choices are made, and religious practice of Tai Chi and Qigong techniques amends effects of previous choices. With continuous practice, one cultivates "virtue" and will be able to achieve a highly relaxed and tranquil mind/body state.

Studies have shown that long-term practice of Tai Chi and Qigong has definite positive effects on physical balance and muscle control, flexibility and cardiovascular fitness, and reduces the risk of falling for the elderly. Studies have also shown that practicing Tai Chi and Qigong reduce pain, stress, and anxiety.

The gentle, low impact, movements of Tai Chi and Qigong actually burn more calories than seemingly more strenuous activities, like skiing and swimming. Tai Chi and Qigong also boost immune system function notably, and reduces the incidence of anxiety, depression, and overall mood disorder.

If you are interested in learning more about Tai Chi and Qigong Schools and additional learning programs, search Google for more in-depth information and resources.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  2. Greey

Greey New Member

Dear nready:

May be you misunderstood! As you know,the website you mentioned belongs to the Sino-western Joint. There are other topics about the traditional healhing such as acupuncture,Taiji and so on.

3. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Fire-quan: You are not long back from a 7 day ban for trolling, if you dont want a 14day one, dont do that again.

4. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I actually read in the news recently that bariatric stomach reduction surgery does actually cure some forms of diabetes. It's one of those serendipitous effects.

5. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

And what about the fighting aspect of Taijiquan?
    What about the different schools of Qigong; martial, medical, spiritual etc?

6. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

BT,
    You should know by now that TCC as a fighting art is bogus! :rolleyes: :D

7. Dan Bian

D'oh! :bang:

Missed the train again :cry:

8. wellstaichi

wellstaichi New Member

Tai Chi Is A Superb Fighting Art

Tai Chi ia a superb fighting art. It is unique.

Tai Chi does not want to fight through aggression. As long as anyone attack, there is an imbalance from the attack. Tai Chi aims to make the imbalance even more imbalanced.

Through both Push Hands and Form practice, practitioners are trained in this special art.

Wells Ye
    www.TaiChiAndMeditationDirect.com

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

God help you if you're ever in a real fight. :rolleyes:

10. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Oh,don't worry.There's nothing about fighting/function on that website.

Mr. Ye, as you studied with the late Wang,Pei-sheng, do you teach such things?

11. Dan Bian

Have to say it looks like a load of Pap...

And, judging by that website, I'd be sceptical of his saying he learned from Wang Pei-sheng. As far as I know, Mr. Wang always thought of Taiji as a fighting art.

12. wellstaichi

wellstaichi New Member

For the Wellbeing of People

I teach Tai Chi for the wellbeing of my students.

There are two groups of them:

1. They learn Tai Chi for health, meditation, or rehabilitation.
    2. They learn Tai Chi for martial arts.

Most of my students are in Group 1. I also have studnets in Group 2.

I recommend everyone to use civil words. There is nothing to be angry about. We are discussing a topic. Eventhough you disagree, be civil!!

Wells Ye

13. wellstaichi

wellstaichi New Member

My Grand Master Wang Peisheng

I do want to add one comments on my Grand Master Wang Peisheng.

Grand Master Wang Peisheng is a traditional Kugnfu master. However, his greatness derives from his far broad knowledge in Qigong, Chinese Medicine, and modern physics. His publications include many aspects of Tai Chi, Qigong, martial arts, and Chinese Medicine.

To think that Grand Master Wang Peisheng only teaches fighting arts, you just do not know how many patients he has treated through Qigong and Chinese medicine.

You just know too little about Grand Master Wang Peisheng.

Wells Ye

14. Dan Bian

1) Why is this not in the Tai Chi forum?

2) Why do you make a seperation between Tai Chi and martial arts, when Tai Chi is a martial art?

3) Would Wang Peisheng make this distinction?

- - - - - - - - - - -

A) Any health benefits gained from Tai Chi, come from practicing it as a martial art.

B) To neglect the martial aspects of Tai Chi in favour of the healing aspects means you are not practicing/teaching Tai Chi. This is the concept of Yin & Yang, upon which Tai Chi is based.