TAGB Worlds

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by WTFSidekicker, Jul 5, 2010.

1. WTFSidekicker

WTFSidekicker New Member

Whos competing?

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Much too old and slow, but hope to be there Umpiring or in some similar capacity. :)

Anyone else? You competing WTFSK?

Mitch

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Two of my students made the Polish TKD Union's National Team for this event and they will be there. I'm trying to bring 2-3 more people from my club as well.

4. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

Meeeeeeee!!

5. Mitch

Mitch breaks out the pom-poms
    Go Jazz-ee!
    Go Jazz-ee!

Mitch :D

6. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

go jazz-ee !! Yayyyyyy lol

hahaha :D

7. Mitch

I bet Master Walton's working you pretty hard then mate?

Mitch

8. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

well yeh, we're training hard, i been squad training since january too. lol. i've been doing loads of extra gym sessions/stretching and u name it as well. so by sept i shud be fit and ready

9. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

some years ago, the All-army tkd team came to Korea and got whipped by my team so bad that our chain of command stopped us from competing, including no more China comps

or comps againt ROK units. but my stint is up so when i go back to my regular unit ill start competing again.

hopefully make it in time for 8th army Korea championships.

10. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

Interesting this one is........... is it time to compete once again with the dark side................ ;)

11. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

It's official now - tickets booked, I'm coming, 3 people from my school, hopefully more will join in the near future!

(I just need to find some clever way to travel between Birmingham and Telford:rolleyes:)

12. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

The more people become willing to compete with other associatiions the less divided taekwon-do should become. One thing the TAGB do well is run a top class event.

13. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

Madhoose I've always been willing to both compete in myself and allow my students to compete in any group's event.... The issue has only ever been a problem with certain groups..... However I think some in roads have been made into this.... Not going to give too many details but I will be seeing you there gizmo....

14. 2sweet

2sweet Valued Member

Good luck Gizmo & Dragon 2020, let me know how you get on!

Hey Dragon 2020, Ade Taylor has just started at my club after a 12yr break he informs me you guys started at the same time. Small world. :hat:

15. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

Thanks 2sweet it is a small world lol give him 50 burpees for me ;) lol I'll have to facebook him :)

16. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

i've just completed my entry form...! now to submit it :D

17. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

I spoke with wy friend from our organisation's executive board yesterday and found out that there will be quite a big squad from our organisation attending. The Polish Taekwon-do Union will field a 10 persons national senior team and there will be around 20-30 more people from clubs teams travelling at their own expense. I will have 6 of my students competing (with 2 more trying to sort out the things and join us in the last minute) and I'm glad that I convinced one of TKD pioneers in Poland, Mr Budzynski (1st Dan in 1977 in the first batch of Polish instructors grading) to come over with us and officiate. From what I heard there will be some fighters from a rival organisation travelling so there seems to be a strong Polish presence at this year's event. Well, low-cost airlines are a great thing, and having a student living in Birmingham helps a lot :)

18. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

Well, I shall be there with 10 competitors mainly juniors... Looking forward to it... Tough training sessions ahead!

19. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

am i the only one getting excited for this championship?! lol :p

20. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Not really, we are already training hard for it... and I'm glad to come over again as my last TAGB Worlds were in 2005, and I'm also looking forward to finally meet some people I know only from discussion boards, not to mention meeting Grandmaster Ck Choi and Alex Gillis of "The Killing Art" fame...