TAGB stuff.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Taliar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

hehehe! excellent, i do recall seeing that somewhere!!!

2. Gould

Gould Valued Member

Hi all,

I train in Newbury under Martin Dipper 4th Dan. Nice to see other TAGB members out there..

3. neomusashi

neomusashi New Member

Hi !!!

Im a TAGB memder too I train in Nottingham, instructor is Mr Paul Mitchell and my area rep is Mr Brian Towndrow

Does anybody train in Manchester!?!?!?!? Im going to uni there in september and I really want to keep up my taekwondo. It would be good to find a TAGB club nearby to avoid irritating/expensive re-licencing. I do karate as well by the way the similarities are weird!

4. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Not really, originally TKD was largely based on Shotokan karate. There were a LOT of similarities and there are still (despite decades of divergent growth) quite a few.

All the best.

Robert.

5. neomusashi

neomusashi New Member

yeah I heard it called 'korean karate' once but some links are really noticeable

6. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

just check out the TAGB website and it will tell you if there is one! :)
    i dont know it off hand, but just type TAGB in google and its normally the 1st one up :Angel:

7. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

8. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

btw the welsh closed is on the 17th april, so i should be able to go.

9. scooby-doo

scooby-doo New Member

TAGB member

Hi all
    im TAGB through and through too. Glad to see you all loud and proud.

Cheers
    Scooby

10. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

cool! tell us where you're from and who your area coordinator is etc...do you compete? what is your next grading? welcome :) :) :)

11. scooby-doo

scooby-doo New Member

Bonjour

My area co-ordinator is Mr Brian Towndrow 6th dan, im from North Midlands. 2nd Dan going for third in about a month......

12. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

*good luck!!* Are you an instructor? bonjour à toi aussi mon ami!! :)

13. scooby-doo

scooby-doo New Member

I'm a student and an instructor - aren't we all to some degree? Glad to see so many TAGB ers here. Have to keep my eye on this site now i've found it. Going to the World Champs? HAlf the tickets have gone already - get in quick

14. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i want to but mum wont let me because of my stupid GCSE's.

15. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Aren't World champs at end of july? My GCSEs last year ended way before then. What is the problem with going when your exams are over? :confused:

16. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

thats what i thought but my mum knows better(or so she thinks) and besides i would need to train up and to be honest my exams are more important.

17. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Lol, I thought you were talking about just going to watch :eek: ! Fair enuf, there is no way you'd be able to train and revise. Damn, just revision by itself nearly killed me...but I'm sure you'll do fine :D

18. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i sure do hope so.

19. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

ok, to go or not to go???????
    do i get my act together and book a hotel, arrange transport, arrange time off work and get a ticket to the world... or just not bother and not go????????
    im being silly right?? when are the worlds ever going to be in cardiff again...decisions decisions...

20. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i hope you make your decision before all the tickets are sold out.