TAGB stuff.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Taliar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

oh he was just suprised as to how hard it was!!

so any news on the english people? i've written it all in my journal so i'll copy n paste...

"well, another fruitless competition, it's been 3 in a row now! i missed the patterns call out 'cos i was too busy checking if my friends were ok :-( can't be bad Karma! but they were all really good anyway and i doubt i would have won. the referee came to see me afterwards and explained that they were doing play offs for 1st,2nd and 3rd so thats why he couldn't let me do it. he was really nice about it which cheered me up.
    as for the fight i did ok actually, the girl was really good and she was cool. i hate sparring little bitches. she punched me in the jaw so hard that my teeth dont match up anymore though...wait till muscle stiffness goes away i guess.
    i kicked her in the head a couple of times, but she punched me a lot more so she won. it was an ok fight for me, plus i enjoyed it so i wasn't too disapointed, although i am a little now, but it's funny how i won 3rd last year after practising soooo much more...hmmm, makes sense!
    the standard this time was really good! kenny walton was walking around picking people for national squad which is why everyone was so on the ball. i really want to practise sparring more in class it sucks.
    but it will have to wait because im really behind in my uni work and its all really messed up and i must not under any circumstances start to panic...me and my hypersensitive nervous system...will fight!!!!and this time i'll win!"

anybody else went?

2. em_tagb

em_tagb New Member

hello, i havnt been on this web-site for a long while, so i thought i would say a quick hello. How many of you all went to the english championships?
    And how about the world championships, i bet everyone is looking foward to that,
    em xx

3. Rustman

Rustman New Member

Wasn't going to go to the english cos i have coursework due in tuesday, but glad i did, came away with 1st place in middleweight green.[​IMG]

4. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

English champs were okay, organised much better this time. I entered cadet blue/red middleweight sparring. After first 1 min 30 secs judges scored it equal. After an extra 30 secs judges scored it equal. After another 30 secs judges scored it equal. After yet another 30 secs asthma starts to affect me (damn I hate that condition) and judges score 2 wins for him, 1 for me, 1 equal, so I was knocked out in first round. However, the guy who beat me then went on to win and no one else took him anywhere near as far as I did (1 extra 30 secs was closest), and I had him when he was fresh. Kinda irritating, cos I was second best there in reality and yet on paper I was joint worst. But it was my first comp, so I live and learn, and next time I'll bring the damn inhaler! :bang:

5. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

well done to everyone who went into the english.

whats the next competition that you will all be entering?

6. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

well done rustman!! and another tkd guy! i know how you feel 'cos i have asthma too!! it really can get in the way. to be honest by that point the referee normally decides himself who wins! i will be going to the welsh next i hope but i havn't found out details yet. i bet the famous three (gaz, funkymonk n taliar) will be there!!??

7. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

hopefully, i got exams and they come first unfortunatly, but ye hopefully, btw i have asthma as well and i know how it feels.

8. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

yeah tell me about it, i keep forgetting im in the most crucial year of my degree!! should take a leaf out of ur book Gaz!! yeah we got an asthma crew! lol. damn pollution n cars n smokers! mine is sports induced!! but TKD has made it so much better that i only get it when i run for ages!
    are taliar n funkymonk doing the welsh?

9. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i dont know if they are i'll ask them tomorrow at class or they might come on here before then and post if they are. do you know when abouts it is, hopefully i can umpire their as well.

10. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Well done to everyone who competed in the English. :)
    I don't know if i'll be doing the Welsh yet. When is it? I think i'll still be learning my black belt patterns (hopefully) but i might give the sparring a go (little bit nervous though). It's a big step up into black belt and i'm 35 in a couple of months so i might need to take a walking stick in the ring with me!! :D I imagine that Taliar will be competing so if i'm not working i might come down to support him and Gaz and i could always have a go at destruction if i don't do anything else.

11. Stewart

Stewart Valued Member

First from Scotland

Just thought I would drop a note here and be the first from Scotland to post. I attended the English but only to umpire and coach. I thought there was less people than at previous competitions I have been to but it seemd more organised. I hope they sort out the problem with the floor though before the British. Anyway, out of five fighters the club won two trophies.

The Welsh chmapionships are being held on the 22nd May at the National Indoor Athletics Centre in Cardiff. Hope to see some of you there. We should maybe arrange to meet up

If you are interested our club website is www.phoenixtaekwondo.com

12. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

destruction?????????? your joking i hope. you might have a chance but i would have only just turned 16 and i wont stand a chance. anyway i think thats to close to my exams they would have already started i think and i dont want to get injured or something stupid like that.

i doubt my mum would let me umpire "she will be, having ago at me about revising"

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

how old do you have to be to be in executive? its 35 for women! might be 40 for men? oh well maybe you're not quite old enough :D yeh i think we should all meet up! you know what i look like! :p

14. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't Let Our Thread Get To The Bottom Of The List!!!!!!!! Where The Bloody Hell Are All You Tagb Guys Huh!??

15. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i'm here, come on people their are loads more of you here that train as part of the TAGB :D :D :D

16. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

I think it's 40 for men. Why is that when men generally die younger :confused: . Yes we should all meet up. You know what i look like too except i shouldn't be as drunk and i've got a little bit more hair, paler skin and no old ladies in tow either!! :D

17. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

are you talking photo gallery?!cool..

18. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

I really want to go to the Welsh but I have exams. It really annoys me, I do AS modules in January, got results back a week ago, then have second lot of exams in may (but thankfully no resits) :cry: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TESTS??!! Anyway, after that particular rant, Welsh champs are on 22nd May for those who wanted to know.

19. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

20. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

by the way, funkymonk is the one in the middle, LOL

sorry about this funkymonk i just couldn't resist getting as many people as possible to see this picture