TAGB stuff.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Taliar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Not only do i remember.. but I was there at No.6 and have all the vids up to about 15 (when the events turned rubbish). The early ones were wicked though and true, the TAGB squad were great.

Why just BTC.. why not all Ch'ang Hon stylists!!!

Stuart

2. Clash of the titans? Didn't realise it was still going. Remember seeing a fair few and the tagb often seemed to dominate. Some fierce rivalry especially with lau gar and especially the women if memory serves me correct. Also seem to recall Dave Oliver getting that excited he fell over a chair. Awesome man. Very passionate about the team.

There were some interesting demos in between too. Bendy man being one.
    Stuart you don't happen to know the name of the aikido chap who demonstrated one year with a union jack hakama do you?

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I heard it from Mr Walton. In fact that was all he told me, wouldn't give me specifics unfortunately. I think the current TAGB men's team have a really good chance, and it'll be fun to see them take on non-TKDers. :)

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Like this guy?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6FRsIZEmXg"]YouTube - Worlds most flexible man - guinness book[/ame]

5. claire sharples

claire sharples Valued Member

hi Michelle just to let you know the squad dates are up on the TAGB web site first one back is Sun 9th August see ya there :)

6. maestro_may

maestro_may Valued Member

bit of a random question but does anyone know if you can still buy the blue england suits with the red cross down the front? i have been after one for ages but havent got round to asking my instructer. wasnt sure if tkd promotions were still doing them.

cheers

7. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

Hey everyone! great news, the TAGB website has finally been updated into something much better, including a TAGB forum! hope to see you on there
    x

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Looks ok. I preferred the old version.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

aikido chap who demonstrated one year with a union jack hakama do you?

Brian Dossett perhaps?

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Looks ok. I preferred the old version.

I think that about your hip. :)

11. quicksilver63

quicksilver63 New Member

Hi everyone just an intro i am new to this forum i am a3rd dan and i am an insructor with Phil thomas any one else from the south midlands on here? ::)

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard Quicksilver :)

On an unrelated note, look what I found on youtube yesterday, Mr Towndrow breaking :)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LEfZOPH4Sc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LEfZOPH4Sc[/ame]

Mitch

13. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

probly to keep the ex TAGB'ers away who didnt bother with the BTC. cant be for insurance purposes as international events have non BTC members competing.

14. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

i can't wait till clash of the titans, all booked for me, shoudl be awesome!

15. Mitch

I've got about 10 going from my club, so we're booking a minibus and going up as a group as a bit of a party :)

Really looking forward to it, shold be an excellent evening!

Mitch

16. Where/when is it?
    Any link?

17. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

i got my ticket too ;)

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Thoughts on eventual winners?

I reckon it'll come down to TAGB vs Team SWAT or Lau Gar :)

19. TAGB or Lau Gar

20. Mitch

Clach of the Titans was an excellent night out then wasn't it?

Just got back now, my students and I had a great time watching a young TAGB squad take victory by a good margin against a very strong Shorai squad.

This was heavy contact including several knock outs, sweeps were included in the rules, and the TAGB team, trying to fill some very big shoes from the past, stepped in nicely.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the Lau Gar squad who really didn't look to be at the same level as some of the other teams. I thought the WKA and Shorai squad were a clear step above both the Lau guys and the Colne Valley tea. I mean no disrespect to either group, but the Lau Gar have a fearsome reputation and just weren't quite with it on the night. Colne had an excellent fighter, but lacked the strength in depth to carry a team event.

Our guys fought very well under unfamiliar rules and any one of them deserves mention for something, but for me it was an absolute pleasure to see Warren Vice really step up a gear in his second bout and put on a master class of competitive sparring. A truly great bout.

Mitch