TAGB stuff.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Taliar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

ah well i made a suitable tit of myself at squad! i paced myself during the warm up and it wasn't as hard as our area ones, but i guess it's as hard as you make it! it was a bit awkward at times when i didn't have a partner and had to go with kids but cool anyway.
    other than that i did really crap in sparring and the whole experience kinda knocked my confidance a bit!! it sounds really sad but i was actually well nervous about sparring all you squadies!! and i think it showed, but oh well! i will just have to pull myself together a bit more for next time if i brave it again!
    i do wana say thanks to claire though for kinda looking after me at the end! it was great to see everyone in action and i hope i won't be such a wimp next time :p

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Working on your fitness in your own time will greatly improve your confidence at Squaddie. Being a fattie and keeling over during the warm-up only serves to make you underperform in the sparring later (as I well found out!)

3. claire sharples

claire sharples Valued Member

Hey Michelle I can't remember if you said you were going to the Welsh or not on Sun?? You down to Light heavy?? ha ha You weren't as you said 'a tit' at squad its never easy!!! the more you do it the more bareable it becomes though!! See you sun or at the next squad!

4. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

Yeah i'm doing the Welsh bringing a couple of my students with me too. going down to light-heavy i can't wait till after the weigh in! i'm hungry.
    so when is the next squad? yeah maybe i wasn't such a tit but i certainly didn't make an impression. oh well next time!

5. sue1

sue1 Valued Member

Does anyone know what time set up is for the Welsh - I'm guessing 8 - 8.30?

Thanks

6. maestro_may

maestro_may Valued Member

just seen the online shop on the tagb site... looks good. anyone know how to specify a size on the black and gold/ black and pink tracksuits?

good luck to all at the welsh 2moro. xx

7. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

To people at the Welsh tomorrow: good luck!

And don't leave a mess in my city! That is all.

:p

8. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

yay i'm well happy my students got medals at the welsh :) i got the wrong side of the draw and lost my first fight oh well there's always next one :) also got the hardest team first at the tag team :p
    i'm off on holiday tomorrow so at least i can look forward to that.
    still would like to know squad dates for june though? anyone?

9. claire sharples

claire sharples Valued Member

The dates for squad aren't up yet, its the practice for the rotary club demo, if you are doing it, its sat 6th june pratice at Nottingham and the week after in Bristol in prep for the actually demo the weekend 21st/22nd June I am sure your instructor will have more info if you are doing it see ya :)

10. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

i have no idea what the demo is, we never get told anything :p oh well!
    thanks very much for the info :)

11. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Just a quick info to all the TAGB fans,

Last weekend we had the TAGB team competing in the Polish Championships in Piotrkow Trybunalski. They did great winning many medals, and during the evenig team match defeating the Polish team 7:3 in team sparring. The TAGB team was led by Master Ron Sergiew and Mr. Gianni Peros, and those that won medals were: Gordon Fearn (3), Warren Vice (3), Andrew Deer (2), Jamalludin Normi (2), Davies Sian (2), Richard Molloy, Beloney Tyrrell (2), Steven Fox (2), Munieb Bhati, Matthew Jackson, Jackson White, Ince Baser. Special greetings go to Gordon Fearn who had to be brought to hospital after being on a receiving end of a hard kick to the chest, but he handled that with a great sense of humour! It was also nice to see the TAGB technical style confronted with the hard-contact Polish style.

Pictured below are three newly crowned Polish champions, two from my team - Ada & Krystian and a certain Warren V. from the TAGB ;)

Attached Files:

12. sue1

sue1 Valued Member

Instructors course part 1

I'm off to do my part 1 instructors this weekend. I've had the letter telling me to take my ID for the CRB check and that doboks aren't needed - does anyone know if we need sparring equipment though?

Also I know about the fitness test and that under no circumstances to be late, does anyone have any other advice or comments?

Thanks

13. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Get used to people asking incredibly obvious questions, worded differently, again and again and again and again...

Actually I quite enjoyed it, hope you do to :)

Mitch

14. Stephen Dooley

Stephen Dooley New Member

***SEMINAR IN MEMORY OF PAT MALLON***

Hi all,

Mr Oliver 8th Dan is conducting a self defence seminar at the Tryst Sport Centre Cumbernauld on Saturday 27th June from 12 til 2pm.

The seminar is being conducted to help with the expenses of Pat's family after Pat was tragically killed in a road crash in the USA where he stayed.

Pat was the first Scottish area rep when the TAGB was founded in 1983 until he left the UK. Some of you may have known or met him.

He will be missed by all who knew him.

If anyone can offer any support or attend the seminar it would be much appreciated.

Tickets are £15 and can be paid in advance or at the door.

All styles and associations are very welcome.

Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks

15. atkdgirl

atkdgirl New Member

How did the seminar go?

16. Stephen Dooley

Stephen Dooley New Member

Hi,

the seminar had 50-60 people in attendance. It went well and seemed to be enjoyed by all.

Thanks

17. HMFC

HMFC Valued Member

TKDI world championships has been confirmed for the 11th & 12th September 2010 at the international centre , Telford , Shropshire. Hopefully be a biggy as the last worlds was back in 2007.

Not sure if the TAGB Scottish open is going to be cancelled next year as this always falls in September.

18. Mitch

And on a very interesting note the TAGB mens team is going to compete in Clash of the Titans in November!

Now, for those of us not old enough to remember Clash of the Titans, sit down and Uncle Mitch will tell you a story :).

Years before there was MMA people wanted to compete against other styles. Lau Gar, kickboxing, karate, all sorts.

The competitions were ground breaking, popular and featured some of the outstanding fighters of the day.

And the TAGB won. A lot.

Then for some reason we stopped competing.

I am really quite excited about this, it should be an excellent event, so if you're able to get yourself to Huddersfield on November 14th get along and watch what should be a top flight event. :D

Mitch

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Exciting news!

TAGB stopped competing because some **** stole the championship sword.

TKDI champs open to all BTC members (including ex-TAGB)???

20. Mitch

Tell us more Superfoot!

Not sure on the TKDI champs, haven't seen the details yet.

Mitch