TAGB stuff.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Taliar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Rustman

Rustman New Member

I am a TAGB member training in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. My instructor is Lisa Thompson, and our area coordinator is Kenny Walton. Will be going to coventry in march.

2. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

excellent, see you there! hope you all check out my photo, then i will get a string of random guys coming up to me saying, im from MAP! should be a laugh!! :D :D :D

3. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Emma Wakely from our Club got Silver in sparring and bronze in patterns (BB middle weight girls) at the Euro Cup in Germany this year.

4. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

well done to her!! i'm glad im not in middle weight :D
    now where are all these TAGB members!! i know there are some more!!! come out from your hidding places! :D
    woo hoo can post on gallery now!! :D some more

5. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Hi Gizmo.

Joseph Schembri has gone out to Australia to teach taekwondo over there. The man is an amazing fighter. He broke his foot in the semi finals of the Euro Cup the other year. He strapped his foot up and won the final with a broken metarsal bone. This was WTF style and Joseph was from an ITF backround so it shows what a good fighter he was.
    I was lucky enough to attend one of his seminars before he went out to Oz.

Have any MAPers from down under heard of him?

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Yes, that was in 2003 during the Euro-Cup. I've got this fight on video. Our fighter lost to him in ITF style then, but we managed to defeat the team Schembri-Oury in the tag teams (doublematch). It was a great tournament.

And the picture of us both was made there...

Regards

Gizmo

Attached Files:

• joe.JPG
      joe.JPG
      File size:
      34.6 KB
      Views:
  7. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Great picture Gizmo. You even got the bandaged foot on there too!! :D

I would keep an eye out for you at the world champs but one of my brothers is getting married so i won't be there :(

8. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Pass my regards to your brother mate. I'm getting married on April 23rd so I know the feeling :D

I'm still not sure if we will make it to the Worlds since the U.K. is pretty expensive for us. I'm checking out the trip possibilities and accomodations to find the cheapest option, as I have mainly young people in my team and sponsorship is not easy to get here as well. But we'll keep trying...

Regards

Gizmo

9. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i would like to say congrats to taliar and funkymonk, as they both did well in the north wales inter-club competition over the weekend.

taliar got two golds
    funkymonk got two silvers

taliar beat funkymonk to the gold in patterns (soz funkymonk i had to say, mind you i would be happy with a silver in patterns)

10. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

It's ok gaz. Gold and silver for our club at the end of the day :) . He's just lucky we're in different weight divisions in the sparring. Ha! ha! :D :D :D (only joking taliar)

11. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

come on TAGB members!!!

there are so many more people on here that are with the TAGB, i hope this thread doesnt end up like chat between me, gaz, taliar n funkymonk lol!
    so who is ready for the english? i am so not, we have harldy practised :mad:

12. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i aint going to the english, and more people will come on this thread, OR ELSE (thts a hint to Raven6288, who also trains at my club, but hasn't posted yet)

13. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

I'm not going to the English either :( . It's too near my bb grading for me to afford (plus i don't want to pick up any injuries)

14. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

I'm going to the English. Entering cadet blue/red continuous sparring as a middleweight. Hopefully will be better than my last attempt at a comp (British last year where I got disqualified for being overweight :bang: Damn stupid mistake to make i know but it was my first comp and i didnt think i'd put on 2kg in 1 month :eek: lol)

15. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Don't worry about it mate at least you'll make sure that you make the weight for every comp now. I got sidetracked when i was packing my stuff for the british. When i opened my bag and went to put my dobok on i realised that it was still at home hanging up!! :eek: :bang: :bang: :bang: I had to borrow a dobok for patterns and one for sparring . I'm 5'8" and the lads who lent me their suits were both over 6 foot so you can imagine what i looked like. One good thing came out of it though because i know i'll never forget my dobok again!! :D

16. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

Wahey for TAGB!!! Another member here!!! I'm part of the Rickmansworth/Northwood school, under the tutelage of Mr Justin Kirman 4th Dan, and Mr Tim Brooks 3rd Dan.

www.e-ssential.co.uk/tkd/html/frames.htm

That is our school's website. :D

17. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

that's a very nice website indeed! we should have one, my instructor owns about 10 clubs in the south east! i was wondering how long you'd take xue :D

18. tkdhkddave

tkdhkddave Valued Member

Hi All

I used to be in TAGB up intil a few yrs ago, I have a book BB patterns (the green tagb one) if anyone wants it just pm me I will send it for free (you can cover post if you like).

I know I might get in trouble for this but...wow cavallin your picture is gorgeous! :love:

19. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

wahaha you serious!!!!!???? you'll go bling if you look for too long :D :D :D

20. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

no thanks tkdhkddave i already have 1