TAGB stuff.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Taliar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

The TAGB is a pretty big TKD organisation in the UK and I know that several MAPers are members. Just thought I would start a thread where all TAGB members coudl say hello and swap info on clubs etc.

Also gives us a place to talk about up coming competitions etc.

2. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

:eek: that was my suggestion :)

it's about time we did this! yay i'm happy now
    i train in eastbourne and brighton with Mr Ken James 4th dan, our area representative is no other than Mr dave oliver, sure you know him... :D
    i am a first dan hopefully taking my 2nd dan in october and im doing the English champs on march 13th
    peace :Angel:
    michèle

3. claphd1

claphd1 New Member

Hi,

I train at Leighton Buzzard TAGB under Seamus Kinney, 3rd Dan. Ron Sergiew is my area rep

Red belt, looking to take red tag in April.

4. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Hi

2nd kup red belt, train in west sussex, also have Dave Oliver as area rep. I'm going to the English champs in march as well, entering cadet sparring as a middleweight.

5. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Train at Deeside Taekwondo club under Darren Richardson 3rd Dan, also train at a few other clubs when time permits with Martin Williams 5th Dan and Adrain Jones 5th Dan. Area rep is Gianni Peros.

Not going to english this year but will be at Welsh and British champs.

6. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i train at the same club as Taliar and funkymonk, and like cavallin i will be going for my second dan in october (c ya their)

7. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

cool! no idea how we'll recognise eachother lol! are you doing any comps?

8. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i should be umpiring a few so that i can go for the second part of my umpiring course

i will enter a few

i dont know how we will recognise each other

9. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

im umpiring too, im doing part two in july. well...here goes im diggin out a pic!!

10. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

where do you do your umpiring courses. ithink my second course is around that time

11. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

me!

here you go, print it out and take it with you to the english haha! :)
    i'll be in my bb suit, or umpires t-shirt!
    :Angel: peace

Attached Files:

• me.jpg
      me.jpg
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
  12. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

bah its huge! dont look for too long you'll become blind lol. i cant remember, oh yes its miles away in birmingham last time. not sure if same this time though

13. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

did you do part one in january this year?????????????

14. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

no i did it last year! wasnt me! lol

15. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Hello there. I train with Taliar and Gaz Shaw at the Deeside club in North Wales and i'm currently a 1st kup going for my 1st degree in April. My instructor is Mr Darren Richardson 3rd degree and i also train under Miss Julie Price, Mr Adrian Jones and Mr Martin Williams (all 5th degrees)and our area rep is Mr Gianni Peros 6th degree.
    Who's going to the World Championships in Cardiff? I know that Taliar and Gaz Shaw are going and i think that Cavallin said she's going too.
    I can't go because my youngest brother is getting married in Norway. I was thinking of sending a videotape of myself to the wedding with me wishing them all the best on it but i don't think it would go down too well!! :D

(our avatars are taken off our club badge btw. Does anybody else have club badges?)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  16. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

club badge

i was wondering why you all had the same! we used to, but we ont use them anymore because they were made out of felt and went all bobbly, but hey we got out club suits now! aww bless our little badges! :p

Attached Files:

17. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Hello All! I bet you didn't expect to see me here as I am far far away in New York State (that's in the USA) in a small rural area near the Canadian border and I had never heard of TAGB until I found MAP. However, I was at the local book store the other day and they had an old copy of "TAGB TAekwondo Textbook"... small world, huh? (No idea what it's doing here!)

18. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

ooh what did it say!?

19. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I don't know... it's funny because I saw it, picked it up and looked at the title and put it down. It didn't click in my mind that it was odd to be here until after I left. :eek:

20. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Hi guys,

living in Poland I can't be a member, but my students competed against TAGB fighters many times in England, Holland and Germany (last time it was during the "Euro-Cup 2004" in Germany). I met many great people from this organisation, like Dave Oliver, Kenny Walton, Ron Sergiew, Joseph Schembri, Roger Lawrence and some more. I was co-organizing the Poland ITF - England TAGB match in early 90's which was I believe Joseph Schembri's first appearance in the TAGB senior national squad (he was 16 or 17 back then). I hope I will be able to bring some people over to the World Championships in Cardiff, as I have the info pack sent by Dave Oliver stored in my folder...

Regards

Gizmo