TAGB British Champs

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by jokl, Dec 3, 2003.

1. jokl

jokl Valued Member

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if anybody else went to the TAGB British Championship on Sunday (30th Nov).

I personally thought the event was a bit of a shambles, first of all due to the venue being far too small for such a large event.

Also there were some shady goings on in the officialling side of things; in my patterns division, three of the judges were changed halfway through the proceedings, which resulted in some fairly unbalanced scoring.

I also heard of some other stories of below- par officialling.

Anyone else got any?

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

my mate got a silver...i don't know in which division......

3. Nickstertkd

Nickstertkd Valued Member

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum!

Although I didn't go to the British Championships, I have heard some of the things that you have been saying about refereeing etc...

I went to the 20th anniversary thing (at A.Villa as well), and although it was great fun to be there, I don't think it was brilliantly prepared.

There was no where to change. When your preparing for a competition, the last thing you want to be doing is to have to get ready in a bar!

Secondly, there was no space to move once inside the main hall. Often spectators were almost sitting in the fighting rings. If you wanted to go and see a fight at the far side of the hall, it was a maze trying to get there!

Why didn't they hold the champs at Kettering?

As for the refereeing, the only thing I would say about it is that as lots of fights have to be got through, it's inevitable that some decisions will be debatable. I suppose it all equals out in the end!

Finally, i'm sorry to hear that the British Champs weren't as you hoped

Nickstertkd