Taekwondo Hard Traing

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by AndrewAj, Dec 15, 2003.

1. AndrewAj

AndrewAj New Member

Hi ya,

Just wonderin does anyone have any real hardcore old school taekwondo training methods to practise. Because it is the people that trained hard back in those days that can really move and fight. Todays TKD clubs are normally soft and not as traditional.

i got two.
    1. strike down with knifehand on think rope rapped around somehting hard then drag your hand along it.
    2. lean against a wall on your hand and do repeatative side-kicks without stopping or putting your foot down. work your way from low to high. Aim for a thousand.

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Yup I've also got some that not only will get you short term gains but they will also damage you seriously in the long term! Interested?

The only really effective "old school" methods were the level of intesity in class. This is something I find severly lacking in the majority of todays classes. I'm even holding my own hand up and saying I aint got it to where I want it yet ;)

But here is one the the more acceptable "old school" ones I know

After a full warm up and stretch of course!!! :D

1) Adopt a postion on all fours
    2) Kick left leg from on floor to straight out in controlled manner "kicking" with ball of foot for 10
    3) Keeping legoff floor, re-position foot so ball is pointing to ceiling, try and extend leg as straight as poss (foot parallel to roof) 10 times
    4) Keeping foot off floor, straighten leg and raises it from parallel to floor to as high as you can while keeping leg straight. 10 times
    5) Keeping foot off floor turn left knee out to side and bring knee to shoulder then practice a "back kicking" motion keeping toes pulled back. 10 times.
    6) Keeping foot off floor ;). Keeping leg straight bring foot around so it is facing 90 degree away to your left and is at shoulder height. Raise leg upwards using hip and leg muscles as high as possible and return. 10 times
    7) Keeping leg straight and off the floor :) :D Swing leg in controlled manner from rear postion to as far forward in turning kick-like motion.... 10 times

Hey you've finished one side! Do the same on the other! :D

Remember to stretch afterwards! :D

Enjoy