Tactical Hapkido?

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by folks, Nov 23, 2007.

1. erogers

erogers New Member

These guys post the same stuff on every forum where their credibility is called into question. Stinks of desperation. If I were them I would carve out my corner of the internet for like-minded folks, and be grateful for the few willing to drink the Kool-aid.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

if you're interested in hapkido and jesus, this seems to be the place to go.

3. erogers

erogers New Member

:rolleyes:

Disagree, haha.

4. Instructor_Jon

Instructor_Jon Effectiveness First

It's an old thread and I dont' want to stir anything up. But....

I met GM Rodemaker and Master Ziots a couple of years ago and I practiced with them. I thought they were both very professional and experienced.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  5. Coges

Coges Valued Member

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Exactly what I was thinking!

7. iron_ox

iron_ox Jungki Kwan Midwest

GM Rodemaker

Hello all,

I just watched a few videos on Youtube and was wondering about who actually trained the founder of tactical hapkido? Just an observation, but he seems to be putting himself off balance virtually every time he moves...

Just curious.

8. erogers

erogers New Member

Mr. Sogor,
    I've seen several different threads on different forums where others have posted that he came out of the Combat Hapkido system, and then founded his own system by thinning out the curriculum of CHKD. If you google him you should be able to find those threads.

9. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

This thread is like a car wreck...I can't help myself looking every time it gets resurrected

I just watched a couple of those last videos again and :whistle:

10. THAMA

THAMA New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXr7z5QDxis"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXr7z5QDxis[/ame]

11. cesajoel

cesajoel New Member

Fake Certifications

Well THA and Rodemaker should not be considered as an option for any hapkido practitioner for a couple of reasons:

1- Rodemakers credentials are from non existing organizations or certificate mils organizations that anyone can get a 10th degree black belt from them.

2- THA Vice-president James Ziots have a fake 1st degree black belt from the Intrnational Combat Hapkido Federation. http://www.tmartialaa.com/Bio.html
    if you click on the ICHF certificate the korean part was left in blank with spaces, rodemaker sing it without the title and if you send the # to ICHF they confirm is a fake certificate number.

3-Master Dr. Douglas Brown, Ph.D another so called THA Master have the same fake certificate with same errors. http://www.tmartialaa.com/Bio.html

4- If you send $400 to rodemaker he will give you a black belt certificate, instructor certificate, charter certificate and life membership. Just go to WBBB and you will receive the same thing for less lol.

I know this because:

1- Im a members of ICHF
    2- I confirmed all with ICHF

12. Hyung

Hyung Valued Member

These happens in a world obssessed by grades and so called "authenticity": the world of traditional martial arts.

13. Giovanni

won't be the first or last organization to hand out fakes and just promote people. pretty sad considering they bill themselves as "christians" also.

am i correct to note that combat hapkido is a recognized branch of hapkido by the kido hae? i thought i saw that somewhere, but now don't remember.

14. iron_ox

Are you trying to stir the pot here? :rolleyes: LOL

15. Giovanni

not really trying to stir up trouble. i already have my own opinion of the organization (the tha, not the ichf) in question. and that was before the alleged fake certificates. and no i'm not going to call ichf to verify. at this point, it's an allegation by some guy that signed up and made two posts about it.

how's your dojang going?

16. iron_ox

I thought you were more referring to the kido hae mess with ichf...just as silly really...

New space is awesome - just what I wanted, a vanilla box with changing rooms and mats - to me a true school. Still fighting the uphill battle to show people what Hapkido is an is not...but I do what I can in my little way in my neck of the woods!

17. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Yes, Combat Hapkido is a recognized kwan under the "World Kido Federation" (http://www.kidohae.com/about.html) as of 1999. The World Kido Federation is headed by GM In Sun Seo (Hanminjok Hapkido Association). It is am umbrella organization set up to recognize and support "Korean Martial Arts" (with the exception of Taekwondo). GM Pellegrini has been promoted by GM In Sun Seo to 9th dan under the Hanminjok Hapkido Association.

18. cesajoel

cesajoel New Member

Yes Im new in this forum but like I said Im a member of the ICHF and I know those are fake because I compare them to mines and also verify the certificate numbers are fake by the ICHF so is not an allegation is a fact they are fake.

19. iron_ox

Since Rodemaker was at one time a member of ICHF, why do you care so much about a few 1st dan certificates?
    Are you indicating that Rodemaker was in fact not a member that had grading permission?

20. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Until you can prove that then I'm afraid it is an allegation, simple as that.

Coming on to a forum and saying the above is worthless without some form of evidence.