Sydney IMA : Ma Chuan Xu (BGZ) Lessons

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Kat, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

My teachers reputations speak for themselves, as do their capablilties. They do not require a humble begineer like me to either protect or defend them, as they are more than capable of doing this themselves.

Besides, I don't recall anybody 'specifically' sluring Bing Zhao in any direct way, simply people sharing an opinion to someone who was also, sharing his opinion.

But once again, this is not the place for this discussion.

2. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

PJ - I disagree strongly about your comments but here isn't the place to discuss it.

Feel free to open up a NEW thread - even cut and paste comments/statements from this one if you want to continue the conversation.

3. pandajelly

pandajelly New Member

Then We must agree to disagree.

Yes there was slurring.
    Just re-read the entire thread....especially the part of " not wanting to spare an afternoon" that might save orphans.
    Maybe it wasn't intended as a , but it did come across as one.

Azrael, I note in some other thread you felt compelled to clarify some of the misinformation about your Iron Shirt teacher Yang Mian.
    You were correcting some mispeceptions or " potential " criticisms and that is good thing ...
    I'm only doing the same.

People had dropped in on the Empty Force thread and instead of discussing merits, sought to mock , test and ridicule.
    Notice I don't do that to Yang Mian or Master Ma Chuan Xu?

Oh btw, we also have a guy who spent 1 year with Master Yang and spent the last 3 with Master Beng.
    Master Beng doesn't dismiss Yang Mian, but describes it as similar in Dao concept as Empty Power, different in application.

4. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

In your position, I can see how it is possible that you percieve this. I too have read the entire thread, and I did not feel anybody was in any way directly slurring your teacher, but this is my perception. I can assure you that if anybody had said something that was an obvious slur, someone would have said something. I can assure you that we are not in league, nor conspire against you, pandajelly.

Yes, but there is/was a difference of approach (and reasons), as was reflected in the type of comments I recieved back in those threads. You only need read through them to see the contrast.

After calling various people chi-less, and generally discussing and commenting on various peoples capabilites (or in-abilities as it where), which I feel showed alot of dis-respect (and is where you lost me. It had nothing to do with empty power), I think you lost grounds for a mature debate. Anyway, there is a specific thread for that/this to take place. Do you need me to post thie link?

Well, I have never meet your teacher or recieved a demonstration of his xingyi/bagua/daoist beliefs, so I am unable to comment. Maybe it is? Maybe not? Whatever works for the individual involved is what matters I guess. Feel free to visit my teacher at any time to draw your own conclusion, if that is something you desire. If not, happy training, and all the best to you.

If you want to ask me anything relating to what I have said above, please feel free to email (fightingspirit@optusnet.com.au) or pm me, rather than posting here.

5. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

PJ - I have started a thread named Empty Force - feel free to continue the discussion there.

If you have any more comments/questions directed at me, could you go to that thread. I'm not going to answer comments from you in this thread that aren't related to the subject topic.

6. pandajelly

pandajelly New Member

Azrael & nzric,
    You can exhale now.
    My teacher chided me and me not to argue with you guys anymore,
    because it is draining too much of my personal Chi and nullifies to my Qigong cultivation.
    Too much struggle and effort.
    I need to be more " selfish" and not try to share my treasure especially to those who are unable to recognise it's value.
    Perhaps in due course.

If you receive some sort of enlightenment sometime in the future about the Dao and do wish to learn more about it from my teacher, you can email me or contact him . Other than that I won't be checking the forums anymore.

He said you guys are not the first or last to mock him even some of his oldest Dao-less IMA friends do that.
    And you are right, he said I shouldn't bother having to defend him.
    Even he won't defend himself against mockery or any non lethal attacks.

I guess it is natural to dismiss something when you don't have that something.
    The irony is we aim to acquire the " nothingness of the Dao" .

Final note, do check up on who Yu Shwen Der ( spelling ?) is, you might be astonished to know how Master Bing is " connected" to him.

Peace to you all brothers.