Sword sites

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Ninja*Rina, May 12, 2005.

1. Ninja*Rina

Ninja*Rina Bint Biter

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2005
  2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Please do not ask people to PM for more information:
    A brilliant place for katana (iaito and shinken) is www.ninecircles.co.uk :)

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Seconded!

The main difference between somewhere like Nine Circles and at least two of the four sites posted originally (i.e. the ones I looked at) is that the weapons on Nine Circles are ALL usable, while many of the swords on the other sites are purely decorative. Nine Circles is also run by someone who knows a lot about the sword arts, so you can call up for information on buying and get good advice.

Remember, the golden rule of buying a katana: ask an instructor who teaches a sword art.

If you're not doing a sword art, question why you're buying a katana in the first place. If it's just for decoration, buy something cheap from pretty much anywhere. BUT, if you plan to train with it in any way, buy one from a well-respected supplier and ensure that it has a full tang, wooden peg(s) and that the blade is made of a material suitable for the use you plan to put it to (not 440a steel for cutting, for example).

4. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

there is also this big sticky labled, if im not mistaken, WEAPON LINKS, ands it filled with links to sites that have info on weapons and on vendors, big surprise.

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Which is why this thread may be merged with that sticky ;)

6. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

hush.
    Dont make me look any stupider than I already do.