Sword schools in the Toronto area

Discussion in 'Koryu Bujutsu' started by bujingodai, Sep 12, 2010.

1. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I have been thinking of taking some sabbatical from the art I practice and going deeper to the sword arts. Something with some finesse. Focuses on the sword, etiquette, cuts etc etc.

Suggestions? i am not interested in the hand to hand approach at all. Not looking for competition. Would like some tameshigiri though, eventually anyway.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

As the founder of you own ninjutsu style, it may (or may not) be very hard to convince any Koryu Ryu-ha to admit you to training.

Have you thought about Iaido And kendo?

http://www.toronto-kendo-club.ca/

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  4. bujingodai

Wow, crap no I just wanted to do something different actually with some finesse to it. I enjoyed the works I have done with some but would like something officially focused on the sword.
    There are tonnes of gaps in what I do, as there is in many. Ninjutsu in general not to mention there would be nothing of worth studying sword in the Ninjutsu schools in general. They are pretty **** poor too IMO.

I am not the founder of anything. I am doing nothing new. Jesus, I'm not going into this discussion.

Never mind, it was a simple question. If a sword school wouldn't be interested in a humble start, I won't bother asking.

Thanks for your advice.

5. bujingodai

Dean in re reading your quote it makes me think that if I re read that article it might open my eyes to the arts and realize it wouldn't be for me? Why do you gather?

6. Dean Winchester

No I didn't really mean that. My point was let the article sink in again so you know you appreciate what you might be taking on.

7. Dean Winchester

Also if this is the attitude you throw when getting a negative comment on a forum then I think you may find yourself coming unstuck!

One small bump and you're going "Fine I won't bother!"

8. bujingodai

No you take it wrong, Of course I am bothered in the light that I asked a very sincere question to be met with normal Ninjutsu forum style answers.
    The I won't bother was more, I will not bother to ask such questions here any further I will do more research myself.

I can appreciate the article. As for letting it sink in, thank you for the advice.
    This post is not a reaction as much as a never mind I am not wasting my time in a long winded argument over it. My intention was just to try something new actually.
    I'd say I could appreciate the etiquette and so on more than many practitioners of Ninjutsu.

9. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

10. Dean Winchester

You're trying to get your own Ninja clan aren't you Scott?
    An agent in each country...

:D

I used to feel all special once upon a time.....now I just feel like an ex-ninja ho... :eek:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  11. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Meeting my obligation to my soke, sir. Spreading the word of The Big M.

12. Dean Winchester

Dave please point out what bit of my first post was a "Ninjutsu forum style answer"?

13. bujingodai

Not going further with it, I'll say then I was off based for the sake of arguement. Maybe just used to the friction on that forum. It gets to you. :woo: But nonetheless.

Kim Taylor, he is the one who makes the wooden weapons near the University there. I have heard of him as well with Reg.

I'm not jumping into this right away as I have to really analyze how much time and money I have to invest. I was thinking of something I have wanted to do for some time now and wanted to ask the questions.

One of the things I can't stand about Ninjutsu personally. Also the reason I left the org I did was lack of etiquette, consistancy and form. I'd like to study something that would have that as a part of it's body.
    Anyway, it was just a question. Not a reason for debate.

Thank you for your input folks.

14. Dean Winchester

Check em out Dave HNIR is a blast!

15. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

You'll enjoy Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu.

It's form is simple, but the mechanics, timings and recognition of distance are very critical margin. Very deceptive in how complex it is in comparison with it's outside features.

Not for the faint of heart. :cool: