Sword or fan

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by yangtaichi, Sep 22, 2003.

?

Steel Fan or Straight Tai Chi Sword?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2003.
  1. Steel Fan

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Tai Chi Sword

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. yangtaichi

yangtaichi New Member

If you had to chose which weapon to use in combat, would you use the straight tai chi sword or the Steel Fan?

thanks

2. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

i'd use the sword more versatile can perform stabbing motion easier for example

3. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

4. imawimp

imawimp New Member

Id have to say fan. Fighting is hot work.

5. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I voted for the sword, basically because I've never heard of the steel fan, and don't know what it looks like.

6. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Has to be sword for the intimidation value. If you use the fan you can't help looking like a girl.

7. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

if knew how one was used i wopuld definately use the fan but I dont so I will stick with what I know and thats the sword. I might get slughtered useing a tai-chi sword as I dont know its handleing characteristics (balance and sweet spot), but I would takea stab at it.

Waht kind of fan a folding steel fan or a fixed one?

8. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Sword.
    I'm trained with a sword, not a fan.

9. yangtaichi

yangtaichi New Member

Waht kind of fan a folding steel fan or a fixed one?

the folding steel fan, more usefull than a fixed one. When its closed its a jabbing or stabbing intrument, not to mention the clubbing ability. And the sound it makes when opened correctly... thats intimidation.

10. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

and you can throw it :)

11. zun

zun New Member

and it comes back! Just make sure you catch it right or say bye bye to your fingers!

Who remembers the video game "We Ar Kung fu"?

12. clutchdoctor

clutchdoctor Tae Kwon Do Do

if i was trained in both, seeing as i'm trained in neither, i would probobly use the fan, for some reason i like to use things that people don't usually use. eh.

13. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

I'd go with the Yang Short Stick myself, it's got some lovely moves against swords and just about anything else you might want to throw at it.