Switching from TABG to Cobras?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by LapsangSouchong, Jan 22, 2014.

1. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

What club/org is this agin?

Sounds proper IMO

Bit confused here, is UITF Unified ITF? if so, its an org as opposed to a small group or club (though they may be under them), and they follow the ITF system of belts etc.

Hmmmm... who is the head examiner in your group out of interest?

Stuart

2. StuartA

Well.. I know he's good.. but probably not that good to film himself whilst actually doing it! That would be a unique talent!

I`m sure they have :) Horse for courses I guess.

Stuart

3. StuartA

I`m not so big on kiddies getting BBs (under 12's) - dont mind youngsters (12 to 15) as long as they wear a Junior BB (with white stripe).

I see so many kiddies wearing full BBs instead of junior BB's that I actually designed one just for them - see pic :)

Stuart

Attached Files:

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

That's sexist ;)

5. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

The org is GTUK not sure what the club is called. They operate out of Sir Matt Busby sports centre in Bellshill. Was on the website but couldn’t find anything for them. gt-uk.net

Update https://www.facebook.com/pages/XS-Taekwon-do-Bellshill/600605410003851?fref=ts note the belt colours for those wearing them on the front page.

Yeah it’s unified ITF. Not sure what the club is called. This one definitely doesn’t follow the ITF system of belts. Update xstaekwondo.

Not sure who the head examiner is but Grand Master Harkess is the leader of my organisation UKTC. Update – after speaking to some of the guys there is also a theory exam required to pass black belt, I believe this runs out alongside general test (maybe the reason some people are upset). One of the guys told me that Mater Harkess introduced this as he wants the people that pass black belt to at least know some theory on the art they study.

Baza

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That would be the way I'd do it too.
    The black and white stripe would still be something to aspire to, could be tailored to kids specifically and serve as a reward for the training without the implication that it's the same as a full BB.

7. StuartA

I don't know the club or instructor, but know of GT-UK. They are a group (biggish I think - though not sure how big) and that group, along with many others are under the UITF - but it seems they do their own thing, where as I know those that are properly aligned with UITF would follow the ITF belt system, as GM hwang is all about that! I know they have weird things like 1.5 Dan.. but not much else!

I would think he`d be chief examiner also.

Thats a good thing AFAIC - our clubs theory exam lasts about 2.5 to 3 hours :)

Stuart

8. StuartA

That is the way I do it :) though the youngest Jnr BB we have ever had has been 15 - and they started training at 8 years old! others started younger but dint grade until they were 16! Its 'no thing' IMO - as they value the training above the belt, as I always push that training is the most important aspect.

Sure - it is indeed - its still a black belt. I really don't get why other clubs do not use them or are so resistant to them.

Stuart