Surviving kicks whilst on the floor

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Paul Genge, Jun 7, 2005.

1. xen

xen insanity by design

you seem like a real nice person...thanks for the input...i feel sooo enlightened now :rolleyes: :bang:

2. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Xenmaster - yours did not help much either mate.

Let it go.

3. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

True but I am nearly 30 and would have sounded the same if I was Tekkengods age (no disrespect mate).

Hey I wish everyone thought training a bit in the art and looking into it was a valid enough thing to have a view point on.

Cheers with the grats!

4. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Even a little experience is better than none when commenting.

I can't seem to view the clip anyway :bang: I can take a guess at what it involves though. Sonshu do you remember a discussion we had on Pressure testing?

5. xen

xen insanity by design

i agree, my bad, i guess i'm just feeling a bit snippy today :Angel:

6. xen

xen insanity by design

this came up earlier...menu bar on side of page...bottom link takes you to page 2 of article, same again for page 3...clip icon at bottom of page.

(you get to read the rest of the article too) :D

7. Lord Spooky

Dur me guess my Ninja powers of observation are a bit off today :D

8. Lord Spooky

Yep done that before :)

Last time I did it we started off as in the Clip but with me on the flor and two guys doing the kicking.

Then when told to my partners took it up to full speed full power for about 2mins (felt like two hours though). Didn't feel myself getting hit whilst doing it but after I was sore :eek:

9. Paul Genge

Paul Genge Banned Banned

10. RobP

RobP Valued Member

BTW as far a sparring and non-compliance goes, there are clips around of Systema guys sparring with other people - one includes Mr Genge I believe... :p as well as clips showing other types of work.

11. xen

xen insanity by design

just move the links to subsequent pages to the bottom of each page instead of on the main menu bar on the side and that will sort it :)

12. Paul Genge

Paul Genge Banned Banned

13. BackFistMonkey

BackFistMonkey Valued Member

ok the proof is in the 17 second video clip .... umm wait ... no it isnt ... there is one attempted knee and a punch .... I think you may have loaded the wrong video .... and I thought Judo guys usualy dont box and strike .... though looking at his attempt at the knee I would say striking/kicking isnt his strong point ...

well I am going to play by play your video for you now

A uncomfortable , unsure looking man tries to knee the writer of the article .The Writer throws a punch which lands nice and square . The man backs away and looks even more unsure .

Reminds me of the last time I boxed with a judo guy ... :rolleyes:

edit : upon further examination I see that it was a sloppy front kick ...not a sloppy round house style knee sorry

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  14. RobP

RobP Valued Member

"ok the proof is in the 17 second video clip "

No, the proof is in first hand experience.

The clip is just a response to people who say "you never spar with other people etc, etc, etc".

15. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

oh, i'm glad, seeing as how that was my entire purpose for getting up this morning, to get online and enlighten you. :rolleyes:

look people, i never once downed systema, becasue i've never done systema. i was talking about this particular guy, and his lackidasical approach to drills, he needs some aliveness, some resistance in there, thats all i was saying, if you disagree, maybe you should watch those videos on knife and gun defense again. and yes, i do hope they get stabbed and beaten for training in such a hypocritical manner. now are you enlightened and can you people manage to get over it and move on.
    oh and Sonshu. thanks for that bit of back up.

16. Paul Genge

Paul Genge Banned Banned

My lackidasical approach to drills has kept me safe for 9 years of front line Policing, but I quess that this is not alive enough for you. Sorry......

Paul Genge
    Russian Martial Arts Northwest (UK)

17. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

you've been doing drills with absolutely 0 resistance in any way shape or form, like in that video?
    you've done 0 sparring and 0 competing. and somehow that training has directly saved your ass as a cop on the job..... then i'm calling you a liar.

18. BackFistMonkey

BackFistMonkey Valued Member

that was sparing ? no follow through no follow up ... no intensity ...and out of 17 seconds it had about 1 second of fight in it . It looked alot like one step sparing from the TKD classes I watch while waiting for HKD . But that was a nice quick left ... he ran himself straight into it !

Attack - counter attack - back to middle ...... attack- counter attack - back to middle .....

which was my point thats not sparring .....Paul I am assuming you know what I mean . With the training you say you have you should be embaressed to have that clip up . Its as bad as a school yard bully beating an elderly teacher down .... "what I am just a kid and he was a full grown adult ... it was fair" to prove he was a tough boy ( no offense to the Judo people out there but Judo is not a striking kicking art so it isnt the best system to test against especialy under the rules listed on the bullshido site and even on Pauls discription of the event ).

I would have asked for someone a little more tutelage and I am just a baby @ M.A.'s ....also having started around the age of 12 . But I think I know what a good display of an Arts ability should encompass... and that usualy reqires the Artist to be under a little pressure ... Kinda like Mr Vladimir Vasiliev who during a seminar worked without a script against multiple armed opponents. Which would impress the hell out of me as it seemed to have impressed you .

I am only this testy becouse of the reason for your video being up , seems to be to prove to the Bullshido crew that Systema is legit ... I see nothing wrong with the Art itself as a matter of fact I like the ideas expressed on your web site . But its very defensive in its tone and seems as if your trying to prove something . Which makes the selffellating videos even more glaringly obvious .

Train Hard and Be Safe

BackFistMonkey

19. bloodrunner

bloodrunner New Member

:woo:
    I like the webpage good input of info !!!!!!
    keep up the good work all i can say is if every 1 did the same type we all be still going on about (my style better than yours)

:eek: :yeleyes: ;)

20. Paul Genge

Paul Genge Banned Banned

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Paul Genge