Supporting MAP, and a few changes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by hongkongfuey, Aug 16, 2004.

1. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

There are now 'support MAP' links at the top and bottom of every page. Martial Arts Planet is run by volunteers, and it is only through member support that we can continue to develop the site with new features, and also cope with the tremendous growth rate that MAP is still experiencing (around three or four fold growth every year at present!)

Please could all members have a look at the new page, which explains two ways in which you can help us out. :love:

We have also made some slight changes to usergroups as follows :

The Arcade and events forum are now only available to users that are in the 'Trusted Members' usergroup. To get into this group all you need to do is stick around the site for 2 weeks (or more!) and have 50 or more posts.

We have implemented these changes because there were some users registering and only playing the arcade without making any contributions to the site. Whilst it would be nice to let everyone play in areas such as the arcade, we feel that it is more appropriate to make these facilities available to the regular contributers to the site.

The MAP Team.

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

It eventually happened, we were all warned about Arcade changes.
    As soon as i get me a Paypal running I'll donate some to MAP :love:

:)

3. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

From now on, when I order from Amazon, I will do so through the "Support Martial Arts Planet" page -- and since I'm in a book group, and love to read, I'm no stranger to Amazon! :D

4. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Okay, dumb person here, have patience. I once donated to MAP using paypal but have forgotten all my account info for paypal. How do I go about fixing all that up? Advice please?

5. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I think you can e-mail paypal for your account info, or maybe just set up a new account.

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

7. supervole

supervole New Member

Does MAP still get support if I go through your amazon link then to the amazon.co.uk page through the links on that site?
    Mev.

8. hongkongfuey

I'm not sure - any ideas Yoda? Should we perhaps have a separate link to Amazon UK?

9. YODA

Hmmm.... I'm not sure. I'll find out!

10. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

How much does MAP get from each purchase with the Amazon link? I just ordered a CD using it

12. YODA

It depends on the price and how you arrived by the link.

Not a lot - but every little helps :D

13. hongkongfuey

14. YODA

He's right ya know :D

In fact - buy 'em ALL :D

15. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Do they take souls? :D

Except for that macintosh paperweight, much prefer a new computer.

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

HKF> you never know, I might be able to manage that, if I can get the mother to buy them, just say it's helping MAP....

But then again, she isnt that daft :( :p :cry: